+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: changes the 3 of the dumbest guns

*TalonSilverwing

changes the 3 of the dumbest guns

1. Chain Gun
    Just replace this with LGs. The CG is really redundant when you compare it to the LG: rapid fire gun, can't hit stuff into the distance. Theres also been some talk going on about suffering performances with the LG. This will help get some practice with the LG.

2. Nail Gun
    probably the worst gun in the entire game and obviously needs a buff. The uniqueness of the ricochet could be nicely utilized if something was done to make this better. There are many ways to do this but I propose that the nails should be able to bounce off of 2-3 walls instead of 1.

3. Prox Launcher
    The most newbish gun in the game. Camping with prox mines doesn't take any skill at all and it's too easy to do. I also notice that its the ONLY explosive weapon that doesn't hurt the user. I think that the prox mines should damage the user upon explosion (but the user himself won't trigger the mine). this will make camping with these all around a lot harder and hopefully people will stop people from mining the prox launcher.

Senior Member Th0rsten is on a distinguished road
    Well maybe just my oppionion, but imho these guns should just be banned from quake. These teamarena weapons just suck ^^

*babyfinger
    chain and nail are old quake guns... the prox launcher... that belongs in halo. i dont know who made those new ctf maps under the beta period but he haa no clue about quake what so ever, try to make quake look like star wars with napalms and squirting mines....

Member Hatestreets is on a distinguished road Hatestreets's Avatar
    f1 agreed this message is to long

Senior Member rzz is on a distinguished road rzz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Th0rsten View Post
    Well maybe just my oppionion, but imho these guns should just be banned from quake. These teamarena weapons just suck ^^
    F1

10 characters

*KiteX3
    Self-damage on prox mines would kill their only awesome use, boosting rocket/grenade jumps. You might as well remove them entirely.

Extra bounces on NG would just make it more random and chaotic. People aren't going to be able to predict 3-4 bounces in advance.

I disagree about CG. I think a twofold change would need to be done; first, buff by adding more knockback to the LG, so you can keep enemies at mid range, rather than letting them get to close range where their weapon is better. Then, remove almost all knockback from the CG and make it a pure damage weapon (because bullets don't knock you back much IRL, and it's more distinct). Then your mindset would be much different between the two weapons. With LG, you'd be careful to throw your opponent in a direction that's advantageous to you. With CG, it'd be all aim no brain, and you'd want close range to make use of its high DPS. That new CG would be more redundant with SG than with LG in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfinger View Post
    chain and nail are old quake guns... the prox launcher... that belongs in halo. i dont know who made those new ctf maps under the beta period but he haa no clue about quake what so ever, try to make quake look like star wars with napalms and squirting mines....
    I don't think it belongs in Halo. I don't remember any of those in Halo, I think that game's devs were smart enough to avoid adding it. On the other hand, one of the official Q1 mods, Scourge of Armagon, added a prox launcher, so if it belongs anywhere, it belongs in Quake. I personally don't think it belongs anywhere. =P

And the CG is only one Quake generation older than Q3A, and the NG is absolutely nothing like the Q1 NG, which is much more like the PG.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Please don't get rid of the chaingun or the nailgun.

Saying that there are more powerful weapons exist in a game is a ridiculous reason for wanting to get rid of one. I suspect TC got a chaingun and though "geee, if only I had a Lightning Gun, god damn id, why can't I have a Lightning Gun, I better go on the forum an make a topic about it, stupid chaingun not powerful at all".

Saying that it would give people better practice with another gun is obviously another ridiculous reason for getting rid of a gun.

Senior Member Th0rsten is on a distinguished road
    i bet they just leave them the way they are.

Lets be honest, those 3 guns are similar to the bfg in a particular way: Everyone playing on a higher level ignores them and think they are a bad joke.

There is a reason why almost no maps which contain one of these is ever used in competitive play. I think there is a nailgun in siberia? But i have never seen anyone using it except on low level public servers.

*nox__
    I agree.....

Senior Member Norlan is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by babyfinger View Post
    can't compare the nailgun in QL to the old nailgun from Quake 1, those two are completely different animals. I would'ved liked nailgun if they had made it the old nailgun. The current nailgun is lame

chaingun works exactly the way as Quake 2, it can shoot better than LG if you're in short/mid distance with more rapid fire

+ Reply to Thread