+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why Has My Ping Improve Drastically?

*Kanivakil

Why Has My Ping Improve Drastically?

Not only I but many others as well. For around 2 years my ping was around 45-50 and now I have a ping of 19.

Senior Member GanglandOneUp will become famous soon enough GanglandOneUp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanivakil View Post
    Not only I but many others as well. For around 2 years my ping was around 45-50 and now I have a ping of 19.
    Why worry. Some people (me) would kill for/with that ping!!!!

*Kanivakil
    Quote Originally Posted by GanglandOneUp View Post
    Why worry. Some people (me) would kill for/with that ping!!!!
    I'm not worried. It's called curiosity. If I was the only one to have experienced greater than 50% reduction in their ping then I'd probably just say that my cable service improved. But it wasn't just I who had experienced this drastic reduction in ping.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    You can ask your ISP if they changed their peering agreements or something. But all of that stuff is pretty chaotic... good luck.

Member InstiZero is on a distinguished road
    My ping has also improved a lot to German and Romanian servers, but others' have worsened.

Member IRational_Death is on a distinguished road
    Not for all players. For me im getting 60 - 70 ping making the game a little bit unplayable (lg). it was 30 - 40 but i see people getting better ping and me getting worse. Well ill still play but it kinda sucks if all the servers i join is over 65 - 100 ping

*Kanivakil
    Yeah I am amazed that I'm constantly getting 17-19 ping when for the last two years I've been getting 50. My cable service did not change so I'm curious as to what had happened here. I'm really enjoying this low ping. People who had already had low ping in the past are even lower now. I used to get 100 ping in TX and not it's cut to 60.

*Cando

I wonder if my ping is high. is 43-45 normal in this circumstance?

On my server I get 43-45.
    stable...but i was wondering if that is normal...
    I live in Vancouver Canada but the server says washington server.
    i know hops have a lot to do with it...but is 43-45 normal in this circumstance?
    if not what can i do to lower it...?
    thanks guys your always helpful...

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Because you stole mine. Now give it back so I can play on Frankfurt again.

Senior Member SquirrlWrangler is on a distinguished road SquirrlWrangler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cando View Post
    On my server I get 43-45.
    stable...but i was wondering if that is normal...
    I live in Vancouver Canada but the server says washington server.
    i know hops have a lot to do with it...but is 43-45 normal in this circumstance?
    if not what can i do to lower it...?
    thanks guys your always helpful...
    A ping range of 39ms to 49ms from Vancouver to Seattle is what I get, as well. I've never seen it lower. I've heard some gamers online claim that you'll get lower and more stable pings if you use Telus (DSL) vs Shaw (cable), but I've never been a Telus customer so I can't verify that.

+ Reply to Thread