+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mac Users

Junior Member jmmti is on a distinguished road

Mac Users

Hello,

I don't know if it's the right place to post this but:

Is there any way for mac users to play QL again or is there any solution coming by in the next weeks, months, years, decades...?

I'm starting to miss the game so much...

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Have a browse through the forums, mac users are finding ways to play. For instance:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-Wineskin-Port

Senior Member GanglandOneUp will become famous soon enough GanglandOneUp's Avatar
    Have a browse through the forums, mac users are finding ways to play. For instance:

IMHO... This worked the best out of all the ones from that post. I tested all of them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../QuakeLive.zip
    Last edited by GanglandOneUp; 02-27-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Senior Member SquirrlWrangler is on a distinguished road SquirrlWrangler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmti View Post
    Hello,

I don't know if it's the right place to post this but:

Is there any way for mac users to play QL again or is there any solution coming by in the next weeks, months, years, decades...?

I'm starting to miss the game so much...
    If you don't like fussing with Wine, you can try out CrossOver which is a commercial product based on Wine with some additional polish:

Playing QL on a Mac using Crossover/VMWare Fusion/Parallels

Junior Member S1TH is on a distinguished road
    Please, help!

I use Macbook Pro Retina.

I downloaded that https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../QuakeLive.zip and this version crash after I login and press the button Start. I see the black screen several seconds and after that quake quits. How can I know the reason of stop working and how can I make it works ? Please, help me and I never will kill you on ZTN again

Member BL1NDlight is on a distinguished road BL1NDlight's Avatar
    havent tried with retina and not sure which version that is but try checking if your login info is remembered, some versions crash with remember me info checked and u need to login anew each time, versions with dotnet2.0 dont have this problem. retina could cause other problem that I'm not aware of.

also make sure to try all the diff versions as ive had different results, some have horrible input lag and some dont, there are advanced settings if you right click and open the package and open the wine app inside. crossover is just a user friendly version of wine. right now I'm getting solid 125 with as good mouse response as you can expect on mac (with accel forced off), only issue is a bit of screen tearing that doesnt bother me much. site updates have auto installed fine so far without the need for a new wrapper.

+ Reply to Thread