View Poll Results: Bring back FritzKrieg and pi?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

23 88.46%
  • no

3 11.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Add Pi and Fritzkrieg Models

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    also dont forget slash/dbabe and bones/t600!

custom models have custom sounds, unless theyre just custom skins, like slash/dbabe or bones/t600. pi has its own sounds, and so does blitzkrieg

Senior Member Anhedonic is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    also dont forget slash/dbabe and bones/t600!

custom models have custom sounds, unless theyre just custom skins, like slash/dbabe or bones/t600. pi has its own sounds, and so does blitzkrieg
    Do you know where I could find a video of it or do I have to get TA and test it out?
    <Anhedonic> DOGS HAVE LEGS
    * Anhedonic has quit IRC (Signed off)

* SyncError sets mode: +m #quakelive

<SyncError> Everyone please note...
    <SyncError> Dogs have legs.
    <SyncError> Okay carry on.
    * SyncError sets mode: -m #quakelive

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhedonic View Post
    Do you know where I could find a video of it or do I have to get TA and test it out?
    youll prolly have to get TA, unless there are videos of those models specifically, which i doubt

Senior Member Salamatiqus is on a distinguished road Salamatiqus's Avatar
    Fritzkrieg's taunt is awesome D:
    bind END "quit'

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    I, like many other people here, would definetely like to see these models. I`m surprised that id included James and so-called Janet (her old name was Callisto, the original Janet was a lot different) but not these. I liked how their features made them stand apart from other models, such as the lasers coming from their robotic eye transplants, and the signature blade prosthetic that Fritzkreig posseses. They were a step ahead from many of the older models from vq3, and that is what made them awesome.

What is more ironic is that, from what I have heard, early beta screenshots / videos would sometimes show Pi or Fritzkreig somewhere in the picture / vid, so this means that id originally planned on adding them, but as a final decision decided to remove them, one that has absolutely no purpose or reasoning behind it whatsoever. I`m very tempted to contact them and see why, but most likely they will not respond to e-mails.

And unfortunately, as far as I know, id software does not plan on adding any more content for free users, which means essentially that if these models do see the light of day in Quake Live, they will be available only to premium / pro subscribers. And since almost everyone who has subscribed uses force models, such an addition would have little impact on QL. The only way that they could become viable for addition is if all models recieved bright / sportskins, and that one could enable a setting so that enemy models would switch to the bright / sport version of themselves. (i.e klesk will show as bright / sport klesk, etc.) And whether this will actually happen is also unconfirmed, so the chances that these models will ever come is slim. Sad, too. Really, id should`ve kept those models in the first place, were they on crack cocaine when they removed them? I demand answers, id.

Junior Member f1z is on a distinguished road
    F1, Definetely. These two models are so amazing in Quake... Quakelive is missing them, I hope not for long... Please!

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    I think those are pretty much....meh, but there's more content they can get out of the Q3 console ports (ps2, dc and xbox360) that isn't in QL yet (for example hidden fortress and t9 are from the dc port).

xbox360 skins and textures seem higher quality, and there must be at least one decent map that isn't in QL (I saw about 7 and sadly they all were awful), and just like the dc port the hud, menu and overall graphics should be in QL (awesome and it's a copypaste job, same as after all this time not having the default q3 hud).
    Last edited by megaman3; 10-31-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Fritzkrieg is basically a reference to the Nazi Blitzkrieg, so I'd take a wild guess and assume they won't be adding that to a game they'd like to have played in Germany!
    And I'd guess that Pi shows too much skin for the rating this game is going for.

+ Reply to Thread