+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disable friend online messages

Junior Member imitated is on a distinguished road

Disable friend online messages

Please find a way to disable the 'Friend is now online' messages that show light blue and lag you they are shown onscreen during games.

It is utterly ridiculous to have such an annoying lag. I do not mean the popup messages, I mean the in game notices.

It is responsible for a lot of lag. And there is no way to turn them off, unless you delete all of your friends.

Senior Member Turbulence is on a distinguished road Turbulence's Avatar
    F1 Please :'( it causes lag when they go on or offline =/ i got 150+ friends atm and dont wanna add anymore or it will become ridiculous , i'm already getting shot cuz of it lol its not an excuse honest
    Thawing Friends in Q3 iFT since 2002

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    used to suffer from the same issues, even to big friends list... the solution is to get a more stable pc
    Last edited by danstar; 04-15-2011 at 12:55 AM. Reason: seems after a certain amount not even this helped :/

Junior Member Sufferance is on a distinguished road
    I agree 100% I been trying to disable that for months, and whether friend going online or off I get one to two seconds of lag , actually worse my mouse just doesn't respond and comes back way off target.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    there already is a cvar i think, but i dont use it so i dont know it. its an old request so something has been done about it.

what i would like is some way to make msn "your friend has gone offline" messages that appear over the game... lag for a couple seconds, twice...

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    there already is a cvar i think, but i dont use it so i dont know it. its an old request so something has been done about it.
    Nah, they just tried to make it less laggy but still didn't give us a cvar to disable them.

As Danstar said, I don't lag by them either since I got a new computer, but F1 for the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

well guess what, this **** started to come back again for some unknown reason, not as bad as it used to be but still stutter effects and some people playin on macs etc go on and offline every few seconds (its crazy)

reduced my FL by a lot and probably everyone will take it personal once again - there must be another fix for this because once the list grows too big this does seem to return ........ bah

*function9
    Only solution I found is not to accept invites.

Senior Member Ouxouiga is on a distinguished road Ouxouiga's Avatar
    Is this not able to be turned off from the main page game/account settings?
    http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...eSitePrefs.jpg
    I don't get them... Not that I notice anyway. I'll need to remember to look out for them.
    Wait... Maybe I don't have any friends...
    That explains it...
    Last edited by Ouxouiga; 04-15-2011 at 01:58 AM.

@ox what you mean, isn't the same - the popups outside the game can be disabled, just not the actual in-game notifications which genuinely annoy the crap out of people once they have it.

might be totally unrelated, but from what i remember this only started after the last windows update, it always screws something up imo
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 06-24-2013 at 02:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread