+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So I just upgraded to PRO and have a question...

Member mmaluco is on a distinguished road

Question So I just upgraded to PRO and have a question...

Hi guys, I finally made the move and upgraded to PRO... and I can say I love it so far. I love the new features, enhanced statistics, new rewards, additional informations and so on.

Now the reason I upgraded to Pro was of course because I want to create my own server... Now regarding this feature I have a question.

When I create a server, what determines when it will be closed? For example, I create a 2v2 CA server with a 4 figure map pool and I am waiting for people to join so I can play. Now sometimes of course, nobody will join, so meanwhile I join another server so I can play. Now almost every time I leave the server I am currently playing to check MY server I created ... it is simply gone? It just disappeared with no information so far about it. The "stop server" "join server" buttons are simply gone and I have to create another server. It is also not listed any more in my server browser.
    Now I really dont understand this, am I not able to create my server (and leaving it open of course) and playing simultaneously on another server? Or did it just crashed (aka a bug?).

Maybe I am doing something wrong, so could somebody please shed light into this?
    Thank you guys

Member 8utt3Rs is on a distinguished road 8utt3Rs's Avatar
    empty servers shut down after 15min thats all

Senior Member Davion67 is on a distinguished road
    better to play a standard game, see if theres premium players, if there are, ask them if they want to play on your pro server, then spawn the server. if not, you'll probably wait a long time and continue to run into the problem you describe.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    To add to what Davion said, in some mods you can see who's a subscriber on the scoreboard (there's a little Quake icon next to their avatar). In any case, the best way to get people on your server is probably to be known by other people! And to invite those in your friends list.

Member mmaluco is on a distinguished road
    I now understand the mechanic behind creating servers, thank you all for the fast responses

Senior Member realgumby is on a distinguished road
    Keep in mind there is a new feature with your pro account. You can create open servers where others do not have to have premium to join them. So long as they stay active it wont close.

+ Reply to Thread