+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Premium event

Junior Member radix is on a distinguished road

Cool Free Premium event

Hi everybody! This week we want to show our standard users how great our Premium and Pro memberships are. To do that, all week we'll be providing FREE access to Premium content throughout QUAKE LIVE. In addition to that, when you buy a Premium or Pro subscription, you'll be getting a free one-month token that you can give to a friend or redeem for yourself.

The free premium access this week will grant all users the same features that our Premium members have:

- Join premium matches to play on any of the 20 new arenas,
    - Play the premium-only FreezeTag game type,
    - Create clans, and join more than one clan,
    - Connect to matches without seeing a pre-game advertisement

About the tokens: when you buy a Premium or Pro subscription, you'll be granted a one-month token of the same level of membership that you purchased. We encourage you to give them to friends! You'll be shown the token at the end of the checkout process, but you can also see any tokens you own on your Account Settings page, so don't worry about forgetting it. Tokens can also be redeemed on the Account Settings page.

One important note about clans: since premium access grants the ability to join more than one clan as well as the ability to create clans, anyone who does so without buying a Premium (or Pro!) subscription by the end of the week will be removed from those clans.

The event will be running all through the week until the midnight of September 26th (EST). We hope you enjoy the Premium content!

UPDATE: We've decided to extend the event through September 26th. We hope you enjoy the extra couple of days of premium content!
    --radix

*a13xoloid
    Wow, I'll play 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, then gone.

Senior Member mellow is on a distinguished road mellow's Avatar
    I understand about joining multiple clans, but what about creating clans? I don't have a premium/pro account, but if I make a clan and still don't buy a subscription, will my clan be deleted afterward?

*AKtheGREAT
    Wow, this may even persuade my parents for me to getting pro for good .

Pro, here I come...

Junior Member Comfort is on a distinguished road Comfort's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whally View Post
    I understand about joining multiple clans, but what about creating clans? I don't have a premium/pro account, but if I make a clan and still don't buy a subscription, will my clan be deleted afterward?
    Yes in that circumstance your clan would be deleted.

Full access to the clan system for standard users is only provided during this promotional event. Once the event has ended there will be a "cleanup" process run that will trim down the clans for users who hadn't upgraded to Premium or Pro. This process will reduce your clan membership down to one clan, and disband any clans that were created during the event that are not controlled by a Premium or Pro user.

*Assessment
    as well it should!!

*r3dcheck
    Great idea!!
    I hope that many people will join some freezetag servers :-)

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    If I said "I love you" for this week, do i get anything special? :3
    jk lol, but WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Junior Member drashi is on a distinguished road
    What about people that have already previously bought a premium or pro subscription regarding these tokens? I just checked my account page and don't have any to use/give.

Are the 1 free month tokens only good for new subscriptions this month and during this event? If so that's lame. I think the people that have already paid for subscriptions should be entitled to this feature as well.

*Dark1ng
    why you guys REALLY are doing all this free promotion ????

+ Reply to Thread