+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do i get better at this game

Junior Member Ironguard99 is on a distinguished road

Unhappy How do i get better at this game

I have been playing quake for a week now, and i suck realy bad. Everyone trashes me all the time, and for some reason i cant hit anyone! Is there a way to get better at this game?

Senior Member Davion67 is on a distinguished road
    play a lot, talk to players who are better than you, and learn how to customize your config so you can get everything to feel just right for you.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Instead of shooting where players are at, shoot where they're going to be.

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road
    Learn. This is play with your brain ON. Just playing won't make you better. Also - READ what experienced players wrote in various threads and articles.

And never go mad during game - don't rage, don't rage quit - never insult.

Member bogOtac is on a distinguished road
    The best start is probably playing a lot of FFA learn to use every weapon, then you can start playing CA, ...
    Watch demos, spectate better players than you and try to copy what they are doing.

Practice!
    Even practice with bots is very good for your aim and movements.

Maybe some people would disagree but I think you should try to use as much LG as possible, the most annoying thing for new players is when someone is hitting LG, especially in t1 or t2 where everyone is just using rockets.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Practice one thing at a time. Before you try to learn anything else, learn the movement. Get good enough at it to be able to preform the Bridge to Rail jump on Campgrounds.

Senior Member Latvietis is on a distinguished road
    But remember - there are no shortcuts

Senior Member EvilSuperman is on a distinguished road EvilSuperman's Avatar
    IMO one of the most important things is to find people who you enjoy playing with..as well as a training partner who will show you and let you practice strafe aiming normal aiming and dodging ..

Senior Member GanglandOneUp will become famous soon enough GanglandOneUp's Avatar
    Don't fall in love with the Rocket Launcher!!!

This is the biggest issue I see with new people. Ive seen people in CA with a full stack (last man standing) get whittled to nothing and finally blow it just because they didn't/couldhave/shouldhave switched to LightningGun or even Shotgun. Just spamming rockets all over the place and causing minimal damage.

Learn all the weapons and when to use them. IMHO

Oh, and learn what a cvar is. :O)

Junior Member Igre is on a distinguished road
    How is the setting of the configuration file important? How it can affect better playing, the success rate? Me say at the middle button on the mouse. Slow change is made weapons. Is it possible to accelerate. Accelerate work the wheel?

+ Reply to Thread