+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Demos!

Junior Member Uzziel is on a distinguished road

Demos!

Hello id Software/Bethesda! I love watching my demos after a few games. Ever since the update, I am not able to use Quake Live Demo Tool. Could you update the demo settings to allow more freedom when watching them? For instance, holding tab to view the players stats, checking my accuracy, slow down, fast forward, and rewinding demos. Pretty much what QLDT had to offer but now integrating it with the standalone. That would mean a lot to me! Thanks for your time!

Member Jolteon is on a distinguished road
    I have:
    alias "+fast_forward" "timescale 10"
    alias "-fast_forward" "timescale 1"
    bind rightarrow "+fast_forward".
    This lets you fast forward when holding rightarrow. Replace 10 with 0.1 to make it a slow mo bind.

Junior Member Uzziel is on a distinguished road
    o.O Interesting setup you got there. Well, I got Wolfcam to finally work, so I'm happy . I do appreciate the info, tanks Jolt!

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    An easier way to use wolfcam is to use wolfwhisperer

It's wolfcam with a GUI and it's great.. Play demos, record for youtube, make VOD's.etc,etc.

What is Wolf Whisperer?

Wolf Whisperer is a Graphical User Interface that works in conjunction with WolfcamQL to play, record, organize, and encode Quake Live demos. It’s used somewhat like a media player with options to Pause/Rewind/FF demos as they play.
    The GUI will make life a lot easier as you don’t need to learn any commands. Easily jump to any time on the game clock, cycle through frags and record high quality video or encode for YouTube. It comes packaged with the latest version of WolfcamQL and includes over 100MB of high quality textures and weapon models.
    A new concept is also being introduced called Voice Over Demos. A Quake Live demo with an Mp3 backing track combined into one vod file. Watch top quality games with the best quality graphics that only a demo can provide with synced commentary. They are fully customizable so you can create your own, or edit one to add your own cast or music if you so wish.
    Last edited by swampy; 12-23-2013 at 08:40 AM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member SquirrlWrangler is on a distinguished road SquirrlWrangler's Avatar
    Unfortunately, I can't get Wolf Whisperer to work in Wine. I don't know what dependencies it requires. It would be nice if id Software just improved the demo viewer that comes with the standalone QL player. Just give us the ability to select demos by name instead of having to type out the long demo names in the console.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrlWrangler View Post
    . It would be nice if id Software just improved the demo viewer that comes with the standalone QL player. Just give us the ability to select demos by name instead of having to type out the long demo names in the console.

Like clicking the the settings tab and selecting the new demos option and pressing play ?????

ETA I know it wasn`t mentioned in the site update and it`s in a kind of silly place but the guys were rushing to get stuff done before Christmas.....give them a break. (just in case I get flamed)
    Last edited by muckyman; 12-25-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member SquirrlWrangler is on a distinguished road SquirrlWrangler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muckyman View Post
    Like clicking the the settings tab and selecting the new demos option and pressing play ?????
    LOL. That's awesome. Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even notice it nor did I even hear anyone mention it.

Junior Member endkant is on a distinguished road endkant's Avatar
    I miss Quake Live Demo Tools too. Hope there will be an update one day.

Member Velicity is on a distinguished road
    Just make a batch/cmd file which xcopy's the doubleclicked file into the ql demo folder and starts quakelive.exe with +demo parameter. Right click demo, always open with and open it with your batch. After that you can simply doubleclick a demofile in order to watch it.

At least thats the way I do it.

+ Reply to Thread