+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Turning off god (the guy that yells during a CTF the game)

*cyborg725

Cool Turning off god (the guy that yells during a CTF the game)

I was wondering if there was a way to turn off or turn down the announcer during CTF games. All help appreciated, even if you tell me to search, but please give me a term to search for. I've tried announcer,but that didn't help.

P.S. - mods please move this if it isn't in the right section.

Thanks!

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    should be in the right forum.

i dont think theres a way to turn if off, and i honestly dont see why you would want to. the announcer is a quake classic, and turning that down would suck. also he has an awesome voice and sounds awesome +etc

*SportBuell
    I like the commentator voice too.
    Especially when you're the flag carrier and just about to score and get fragged...

"HOLY SH*T!"
    Last edited by SportBuell; 09-19-2010 at 06:58 AM.

*TalonSilverwing
    especially in CTF you wouldn't want to turn him down. Its a lot easier to listen to a guy with an epic voice that says "THE ENEMY HAS YOUR FLAG!" (This means to stop loafing and intercept the flag carrier at all cost). or "YOU HAVE THE FLAG!" (meaning, you just picked up the flag with only 10 health left you idiot, give it to someone else). and "HOLY ****!" (meaning, hahaha sucker). Unless you really want to spite team play, then don't turn it off. Even in FFA where it says "QUAD DAMAGE!" or "INVISIBILITY!" it is useful to know that if you don't watch your back you'll be screwed.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    I think that there should be an option to change announcer voice... like an Elvis voice, or a voice like that Italiano went to Malta sound clip. Or that Indian guy from the Jerky Boys. That would in fact, be epic!

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    i dont think theres a way to turn if off, and i honestly dont see why you would want to.
    theenemyhasyourflag yourteamhastheenemyflag redflagreturned theenemyhasyourflag redflagreturned blueflagreturned youhavetheflag theenemyhasyourflag OH SHUT THE **** UP I NEED TO HEAR OTHER SOUNDS TOO

that kind of situation. Happens more often than you'd like, especially on fast maps.

*error
    should be /cg_playteamvo 0
    (i didn't try it but as i know it's working in tdm)

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by error View Post
    should be /cg_playteamvo 0
    (i didn't try it but as i know it's working in tdm)
    Yep, cg_PlayTeamVO 0. It only cuts down on the things he says though, doesn't turn them off completely.

I made the suggestion to have an option to turn them off a long time ago.

Senior Member Anhedonic is on a distinguished road
    cg_AnnouncerVolume 0-1

Warsow idea (:
    <Anhedonic> DOGS HAVE LEGS
    * Anhedonic has quit IRC (Signed off)

* SyncError sets mode: +m #quakelive

<SyncError> Everyone please note...
    <SyncError> Dogs have legs.
    <SyncError> Okay carry on.
    * SyncError sets mode: -m #quakelive

*Asamawa
    You want to turn him off? If he wasn't there for me I'd cry...

+ Reply to Thread