+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Standalone Known Issues

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar

Standalone Known Issues

The following are known issues and that we are currently working to resolve within the QUAKE LIVE installer, launcher, and standalone client.

Known Issues:

Engine
    • Reports of the Friends List not showing up, we're investigating the issue. Your friends list is still intact.
    • Server modifications, normally listed on the wrench icon on the Match Browser, are not visible.
    • Ping notification on the Match Browser sometimes appears as ???.

Updates:

1/03
    • Graphics cards that do not support non-power of two (NPOT) textures are unable to render the webview, resulting in a blackscreen with console access. This primarily effects older generations of Intel integrated graphics, including:
      - Intel 82865G, 82915G, 82945G, 945GM, GMA950, G31/G33, Q35
      - Update for NPOT card users.
      - If you are experiencing similar issues, but using a modern graphics card that supports NPOT textures, please ensure that you your Windows Firewall is not blocking the application. On first launch, a Firewall popup may occur during the black loading screen.

Thursday
    • Engine: Changed how XMPP connection is initiated to attempt to fix issues with the browser not showing your friends.

Late Wednesday
    • Engine: Added loading animation to top right corner for initial page loads, to give indication that site is currently loading.
    • Engine: If site fails to load due to connection or firewall issues, an error is shown and the player is dumped back to the main menu. Clicking "Play" from here will attempt to reload the site.
    • Web: Attempted to improve friends list showing up. We have received mixed reports already and are looking into further causes.
    • Launcher: Autologin update rolled out to all users.

Early Wednesday
    • Engine: Added cvar to disable idle sleep, to prevent FPS issues that may be caused by low resolution timers in Windows XP or on-demand CPU scaling. Setting com_idleSleep to 0 will restore the previous behavior of using up an entire CPU to wait until the next frame. Unless disabling com_idleSleep has a direct effect, it is highly recommended that com_idleSleep is kept ON.
    • Engine: r_swapInterval and com_idleSleep are forced on while the browser is active to lower idle CPU usage.
    • Engine: Fixed using floating point values in cvarAdd and cvarMult
    Last edited by sponge; 01-03-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Junior Member jhet is on a distinguished road
    Error: Cannot connect to server with unpure binaries

after load the gamestate, it drops me out.

PD: guys... STOP WHINING around, don be so negative in your comments.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-17-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Junior Member Vpz is on a distinguished road
    Blue window appears: Could not register windows class!

wtff have you guys doneee

Junior Member tzi0 is on a distinguished road
    What a ... it is not an issue but it confuses! I have 640x480 in-game resoluton and right after login it changes to my 640x480. How can i change it to my desktop resolution? I.e. how to save my desktop resolution in browser and keep my in-game resolution (in my config) in the game?

Junior Member RobsX2 is on a distinguished road
    Mine launches and goes straight to 100% cpu usage and then does nothing.. lol

Im just trying a few simple things to fix it :v

Junior Member testar is on a distinguished road
    hm launches, but then i am already in my ingame fullscreen res of 640x480 and i just have a black background. i can bring down the console and there are some spaces where the cursor transitions into the hand symbol and clicking even joins a server for me, lol
    but as i said, only black screen

Senior Member jayP is on a distinguished road jayP's Avatar
    I also noticed that it loads at full screen with no obvious way to quit. Esc key doesn't do it, instead you need to go into the Game Settings tab in order to quit. Just as a usability thing it might be a good idea to make that functionality a bit more clear.

Junior Member yutti is on a distinguished road
    Same as thing as with testar happening here.

Junior Member SoWhatBoutThat is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by testar View Post
    hm launches, but then i am already in my ingame fullscreen res of 640x480 and i just have a black background. i can bring down the console and there are some spaces where the cursor transitions into the hand symbol and clicking even joins a server for me, lol
    but as i said, only black screen
    Same problem. It launches, but then only black screen and nothing more

Junior Member tzi0 is on a distinguished road
    jayP, there is link to exit in top-right corner. Found it not so fast 2. Those scrollings...

+ Reply to Thread