+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: cg_truelightning

Senior Member kNakHstR is an unknown quantity at this point
    truelightning 0? lol, are u kidding?
    I never use 1 cuz i noticed sometimes LG doesn't hit well even my crosshair on the enemy. Used to use .98 all the time

*Raeven
    I prefer it set to 1, because its the least distracting.

From my understanding the weapon is hitscan, no different in that regard from the mg, sg and rg. And, as the start of the command suggests, the command is purely graphical.

So doesnt that make the LG an MG with a range limit, crazy ammo consumption and super pinpoint accuracy?

If your MG and LG accuracy are very different from one another, try setting the command to 1 and ignore the beam entirely, treat it like the MG and see what happens.

I think psychology is the biggest factor here, just as it is with cg_enemymodel.

Senior Member Roxolana is on a distinguished road Roxolana's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    I tested it tlg 1 extensively. Aiming with it is more difficult. I don't understand what's actually happening but I have to work with the practical truth of the game. I used 0.89 for a long time, but now I use 0 and prefer it to any previous values.
    0? Really?
    I have 0.75, I don't know, maybe I should lower mine too? My lowest ping is around 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtruder View Post
    I have also made many friends when I go shooting pixels.

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxolana View Post
    0? Really?
    I have 0.75, I don't know, maybe I should lower mine too? My lowest ping is around 50.
    You know, the higher the ping, the higher your truelightning should be? Or at least, it helps. In the end, it's personal preference etc. but I'm pretty sure some truelightning values are simply easier to hit with than others, on average. One way of determining which ones are the good values is to look at the truelightning values of pro players, because it's pretty much guaranteed that they've gone through them all and found one they're comfortable with. I chose stermy's 0.97 (normally play in ping <40) and it works well for me, as my sens settings are close to his.

Senior Member z33r0 is on a distinguished road
    rapha 0.8
    cooller 0.8

to provide some different values
    Quote Originally Posted by crucci View Post
    Nay, you speaketh the truth when you trollth with pure ownage. No mod shall cast his shadow upon your divine aura!

Senior Member z33r0 is on a distinguished road
    You know, the higher the ping, the higher your truelightning should be? .
    i would say just the opposite. the lower your ping the closer hitbox will move towards crosshair, thus 1 or close to that.
    Nay, you speaketh the truth when you trollth with pure ownage. No mod shall cast his shadow upon your divine aura!

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by z33r0 View Post
    i would say just the opposite. the lower your ping the closer hitbox will move towards crosshair, thus 1 or close to that.
    And the higher the ping, the further away the hitbox will be from your crosshair, thus having lower truelightning compared with a low ping environment doesn't make any sense. Why would you want to amplify the effect of ping by having a low truelightning as well? The point is that in order to keep the feel of shooting with lg constant over different ping environments, you should increase truelightning the higher the ping (unless you don't have any room for increase).

Senior Member Salamatiqus is on a distinguished road Salamatiqus's Avatar
    0.7-0.8 is really hits enemy when should. I use 0.768. And don't check my stats because
    1) I started as completely newbie in 2009 (never had experience in FPS)
    2) I play at 80-100 ping 90 percent of my game time
    bind END "quit'

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    And the higher the ping, the further away the hitbox will be from your crosshair, thus having lower truelightning compared with a low ping environment doesn't make any sense. Why would you want to amplify the effect of ping by having a low truelightning as well? The point is that in order to keep the feel of shooting with lg constant over different ping environments, you should increase truelightning the higher the ping (unless you don't have any room for increase).
    All the values are fine. If it works for you then stick with it.

It's just that with 0 the lg beam registers a hit when it is on the player. Not necessarily true with other values.

With value 1 the lg beam has a fixed drawing behavior, regardless of ping. The hit behavior however changes dramatically as would be expected.

Values between 0 and 1 are more truthful, as truelightning approaches 0 the drawing behavior varies more as the ping increases, and is more accurate to the hit behavior.

Even so you may find 0 very distracting and have an easier time hitting with other values. So use what works for you.

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by z33r0 View Post
    and my feelings tell me the same as dcr. but really, 0.95 or 1 is not worth mentioning.
    Actually it is. Simply because 1 is disabling any setting of truelightning and just drawing it straight forward regardless of ping in the same manner, no matter what. You could hook up to a ql server at the other side of our little planet, and it would still draw it at the same rate. Even a slight reduction in truelightning can draw a relative monumental difference of the display. It's worth mentioning, because there is a difference, and one cannot guarantee a user has a consistent ping. And we're all different players playing different locations etc. The more one know, the better one can find settings suitable etc.

To put it this way: Truelightning values are from 0.00000001 etc to 0.999999999
    cg_truelightning 0 sets it to simply wait for feedback from server and disables prediction while cg_truelightning 1 enables the always on middle animation of the beam.

My recipe for finding a good TL value is simple. Connect to a server where u have a ping u normally play at, play without crosshair, and aim with the beam.

If you MASTER that, i guarantee you will see your lg accuracy climb. If u take a look at my recent games, ive gone from a 20-25% lg in games to +30-35%. Just because i can play with TL now accurately on a 120hz monitor.

Another value of that exercise is you will notice a larger concentration of where u actually are hitting the enemy, instead of making sure ur crosshair is over the enemy. Of course all this is ping dependent, so any thing of value to a player depends on that, what effect it would have. At a ping of 30ms, i would happily set it to 0.95 and never ever touch it again.

So its worth mentioning if u dont have a fast monitor, playing with the TL value loses its value.

On the other hand, its worth experimenting if one can counteract the ping one have, and see if it helps on your LG on attack with cl_timenudge pushed in negative values.

+ Reply to Thread