+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: QUAKE LIVE Standalone Game

Junior Member vine is on a distinguished road vine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theMolester View Post
    People, they are trying to survive not cater to a minority. You want to help the situation, continue playing (duel boot, etc...). Otherwise, please stop acting like you know better than them about the situation.

All you Linux and Mac users have always had support and compatibility problems with a myriad of hardware and software, what makes Quake any different? For the Linux users, you decided to go the cheap route, if you didn't plan on such problems then it's all on you. You are not special, you are not handsome or a princess, life is hard and you deserve nothing more than you earn. I'm sorry your parents didn't raise you to understand the world they brought you in to, but your life is not my or anyone's fault but your own. Please deal with it in a way that is productive, not just cry and moan til someone gives you what you want. Your type are hurting this community, this game, and the world with the idea that you are entitled to anything.

P.S.-I am a fan of Linux and believe Mac users are what's responsible for the break down of Moore's Law.

We deserve what we paid for. I understand that Sync and sponge are overburdened and id/Bethesda doesn't want to hire more people, but that's honestly not my problem. I like both of those guys, they're nice dudes, but again, I'm a consumer and I have no control over how they operate, it's not my problem.

OS X and GNU/Linux users ARE entitled to recieve the service that they bought. It has nothing to do with whatever arguement you're trying to piece together. I have a Windows 7 AND 8 licence, I choose to use GNU/Linux for other reasons, primarily I just prefer it. It works better for me for many reasons. OS X users also have valid reasons to use it and Windows users do too. The problem is ending a service many of us have paid for.

*Armada651
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    We aren't claiming that the ports are impossible, or even very hard, but we simply don't have the programmers on the team to port, and more importantly, provide ongoing maintenance once we release, especially given our timeframe to release.
    Well, that explains why you couldn't do a WebGL port. ID software is just not investing enough in this project anymore.

Senior Member ElKrusto is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Armada651 View Post
    Well, that explains why you couldn't do a WebGL port. ID software is just not investing enough in this project anymore.
    Haha, now you're just silly....

Senior Member ElKrusto is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bwahahahahahaha View Post
    at least they should explain why they discontinue linux support...
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...l=1#post278528

Member Xfer is on a distinguished road Xfer's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    We aren't claiming that the ports are impossible, or even very hard, but we simply don't have the programmers on the team to port, and more importantly, provide ongoing maintenance once we release, especially given our timeframe to release.
    Sponge, I am assuming the code is too closed source to allow community help either. Maybe if a needed cost goal could be established then a fundraising campaign by the community to temporarily hire a person to do the port can happen? That is assuming it is not an insane cost. Maybe even a sponsor might kick in given a defined needed goal. Just tossing an idea out there as there seems to be no good solutions on the table.

Senior Member GanglandOneUp will become famous soon enough GanglandOneUp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xfer View Post
    Maybe if a needed cost goal could be established then a fundraising campaign by the community to temporarily hire a person to do the port can happen?
    Fantastic! People donated to QLranks for their hosting. A subscription to QL is basically a monthly donation.

Whats the cost to port? I'm sure that even windows peeps would kick-in some scratch to get this issue handled!!!! If this game truly is about the people and community that support it, then lets do the leg work and make sure that the community is catered to, percentage of player base be damned!

Updated,

Posted to forum. Xfer had brilliance....

Quote Originally Posted by GanglandOneUp View Post
    Since there are ALOT of people coming out of the woodwork that are using Mac/Linux (maybe more than Id had bargained for), why not allow the community to step in?
    Last edited by GanglandOneUp; 11-19-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    Xfer had a great idea..The only problem is how many of the players who are in a uproar will actually help,or how many who are not going to be affected will help in the funding or Programing Issues?

Member N0LImIT is on a distinguished road N0LImIT's Avatar
    Is there a forum thread for ppl testing beta? besiide on irc i cant seem to connect to that either even tho i have the password

Junior Member 1ns4nity is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlife1 View Post
    Xfer had a great idea..The only problem is how many of the players who are in a uproar will actually help,or how many who are not going to be affected will help in the funding or Programing Issues?
    Can't talk for anyone else, but I would. Either funding or programming.
    Like previously mentionned, could always start a kickstarter. ASAIK, they don't cost anything to start, and it could gauge the interest of the community whether or not it's worth making the effort to be Mac and Linux portable.

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N0LImIT View Post
    Is there a forum thread for ppl testing beta? besiide on irc i cant seem to connect to that either even tho i have the password
    Only on the Focus forums.

+ Reply to Thread