+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: QUAKE LIVE Standalone Game

Senior Member barbarossa is on a distinguished road barbarossa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Smith View Post
    Here's another thing I don't understand: Why will prism stop working? It's a fixed old version of FF, so moz dropping plugin support can't be the reason. Are you guys going to block prism clients; or will they become incompatible for some reason?
    QLprism works with a plugin that will not longer be suported/updated so the slightest change in the UI protocoll will hose all plugin driven clients at once.

[edit]
    I'd be glad if someone proves me wrong!
    Last edited by barbarossa; 11-17-2013 at 04:39 AM.
    drunk member of drunk clan obviously drunk, lacking any accuracy

Junior Member celeE is on a distinguished road
    very good

Junior Member wargod667 is on a distinguished road
    only the linux guys posting in this standalone thread? Weird. I'm not sure what to think of it, just make qlprism quakelive client you'll keep linux and mac support, if it's ONLY a plugin problem with browsers(seems like something else too)

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    PLEASE add the friend-invite script qlprism has integrated.

its by far the most helpful thing to transfer from standard to prem servers, inviting people you dont first have to add, auto-invite function and the ability to add people as friends directly from ingame.

most useful script for your pro memberships, make it possible somehow.

Junior Member Funeral is on a distinguished road
    Well, Im happy about the stand alone client coming next year. Would be happier if I was a beta tester.

I read this ENTIRE thread and how exhausting it was to see all the entitlement king/queens and threats of canceling memberships. Pretty sad really. I bet a lot of you threaten to get fast food employee's fired when they don't get your burger right...Grow up pls! I heard DreamHack was going to use a mix of Linux machines and Mac's...lol...not. And if you don't get that statement, then you are not following the course/pulse of gaming and E-sports.

So, on to QLPrism features and the possibility of introducing a few if not all into the stand alone client.
    Sync, what are your thoughts on this? Thanks in advance for any info.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeral View Post
    I read this ENTIRE thread and how exhausting it was to see all the entitlement king/queens and threats of canceling memberships. Pretty sad really.
    so you're saying people who will no longer be able to play under good conditions (if at all) should still pay? nice logic.

Junior Member Funeral is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    so you're saying people who will no longer be able to play under good conditions (if at all) should still pay? nice logic.
    No, I sad it was exhausting and pretty sad.
    I said nothing about anyone paying anything.
    I said nothing about playing under good conditions.
    And I called a group of people entitlement kings/queens.
    My words are clear.

*edit
    No logic was harmed in this post.
    Last edited by Funeral; 11-17-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    PLEASE add the friend-invite script qlprism has integrated.

its by far the most helpful thing to transfer from standard to prem servers, inviting people you dont first have to add, auto-invite function and the ability to add people as friends directly from ingame.

most useful script for your pro memberships, make it possible somehow.
    This.

And while you're at it, add an 'invite all' button so i dont have to click 100 freaking names. Thank you.

Junior Member Cpt_Ahole is on a distinguished road
    would only be right to drop Linux support for your Servers as well. In future, use Windows Server with your game update.

Most likely won't, linux servers are solid.

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    People, they are trying to survive not cater to a minority. You want to help the situation, continue playing (duel boot, etc...). Otherwise, please stop acting like you know better than them about the situation.

All you Linux and Mac users have always had support and compatibility problems with a myriad of hardware and software, what makes Quake any different? For the Linux users, you decided to go the cheap route, if you didn't plan on such problems then it's all on you. You are not special, you are not handsome or a princess, life is hard and you deserve nothing more than you earn. I'm sorry your parents didn't raise you to understand the world they brought you in to, but your life is not my or anyone's fault but your own. Please deal with it in a way that is productive, not just cry and moan til someone gives you what you want. Your type are hurting this community, this game, and the world with the idea that you are entitled to anything.

P.S.-I am a fan of Linux and believe Mac users are what's responsible for the break down of Moore's Law.
    Last edited by theMolester; 11-18-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

+ Reply to Thread