+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mhjtourney3_beta1 by Martin Eriksson

Junior Member Martinheterjag is on a distinguished road

mhjtourney3_beta1 by Martin Eriksson

MHJTOURNEY3_BETA1
    (will come up with a fancier name later )

This is a small/medium sized duel map that i'm working on. The theme is an old temple that has been exposed to some kind of radioactive or toxic waste after an unknown disaster. I've made most of the textures myself by manipulating textures from quake live or cgtextures.com. some textures are ripped directly from QL tho.
    The map is meant to be played in DUEL but would probably play well in ffa and maybe ca too.

DOWNLOAD
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ney3_beta1.pk3

FEEDBACK
    I would love some feedback on following:
    • Gameplay and Architecture
    • Item placement
    • Spawn points (have not looked into it much myself though)
    • Texturing and Looks (e.g. "slime doesn't fit the temple use lava", "missaligned texture" etc.)

TO-DO-LIST
    stuff i have NOT done yet so don't comment on it please!
    • Clipping
    • Optimization
    • Add bot support
    • Add levelshot
    • Some minor details

Thanks for your time and have fun with the map!
    Last edited by Martinheterjag; 11-04-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road
    You could start with recording short video of walkthrough and uploading it on YT

i have a short clip running the map in the screenshots thread but its an older version. i've made some changes since mostly item layout and texturing but some other stuff as well. Not sure i'll make another one, I'm pretty noob with wolfcam and i don't have any video editing software.

Senior Member thewookster is on a distinguished road thewookster's Avatar
    I'll try and sort out a video later on martin, will catch you on irc or something
    Youíre not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
    I swear to drunk Iím not god.

Quote Originally Posted by MajkiFajki View Post
    You could start with recording short video of walkthrough and uploading it on YT
    Thanks to wookster there's a vid of BETA1 on youtube now \o/

he keeps climbing on places that will have playerclips

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    I ran around this a while back. The warm stucco/clay aesthetic is easy on the eyes, and works well in conjunction with the architecture. The slime fits in surprisingly well for a non-tech map as it adds some color contrast to what would otherwise be a mostly brown-ish map. Item placement-wise, it looks like the positioning of the major items will offer interesting fights, considering the vertical elements in the arena - I especially like the design of the RA compartment; I could see it leading to some humorous predicaments. 8 spawns is about right for a duel map this size (at least from looking at wviperw's guide), and their positioning is appropriate for allowing the newly spawned players to stock up again and begin putting up a fight again as soon as possible. I also enjoyed taking advantage of the trick-jumping spots implemented in the map - this is one arena that really needs to be played in PQL to reveal its full potential. BTW, was the Mega health room inspired by Monsoon from Q4? It is very reminiscent of it, in a good way.

Seems solid so far; you should consider sharing this on ESReality as well as that community has a multitude of knowledgeable players who will be more than happy to offer feedback.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road
    I would remove the bars from the RA shaft because the way it is there is only one way out of the room and it is a small doorway.

Thanks for the input guys! I've been super busy with uni (exams coming up really soon) and other stuff lately but will definitely complete the map after the exams.

The bars at RA will stay. RA is meant to be a dead end and a dangerous place.

@EmeraldTiger ive never played q4 so i have no clue, might have seen some match there and got inspired? but the original layout didn't have a mega at all and the rail was where mega is now . will definetly check out Monsoon tho

Thanks for the tip about ESR, better start an account there then

+ Reply to Thread