Senior Member asy7um is on a distinguished road asy7um's Avatar
    Logitech UltraX Premium
    http://www.topls.de/catalog/images/lt_ultrax.jpg
    - feels like laptop keyboard with steady, very good balanced, response
    - flat, very comfortable
    - silent
    - ps/2 compatible!
    - cheap
    - has some basic media keys for adjusting volume without having to leave fullscreen

I play with ESDF + space for jumping and that keyboard helped me improve my strafe jumping a lot as response is very quick and you don't get "stuck" due long button way. After one year of excessive usage its still in perfect condition.
    Last edited by asy7um; 09-15-2010 at 04:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by baxley View Post
    This thread isn't going anyway...and im not trying to sound pompous or be an ass here (though thats how this is going to come off) but most of you are too nooby noob to have a correct opinion.

Senior Member nordag is an unknown quantity at this point nordag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asy7um View Post
    that keyboard helped me improve my strafe jumping a lot
    You still move like a tard

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by asy7um View Post
    Logitech UltraX Premium
    I bought this keyboard for another computer, and while I only used it for a short time, the build quality is what you would expect from a cheap keyboard. It doesn't compare to Illuminated in any way IMO. The keys, while nice and flat, are noisier. It doesn't feel as sturdy, but that might not be a factor for many. Lastly, it's not as comfortable to rest your fingers on because it doesn't have any wrist support; even for a low keyboard, the support is needed as I have experienced with the Illuminated. Although, it should be mentioned that in my Illuminated the left CTRL sometimes doesn't register, and I have to push it harder than other keys sometimes. That could be a problem with this specific unit however.

Still, for a cheap keyboard it's pretty good.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Cherry G81-8000. Microswitched,my old keyboard
    Steelseries 7G or the new 6gv2. Microswitched, all keys ghost proof ! I would have got one of these but I wanted quiet
    razer lycosa. soft key, WASD cluster ghost proof, nice and quiet for voice coms, this is what I've used the last 10 months or so.

Senior Member Anhedonic is on a distinguished road
    Arctosa ain't half bad if you don't need media keys (volume +/-, forward previous etc)
    <Anhedonic> DOGS HAVE LEGS
    * Anhedonic has quit IRC (Signed off)

* SyncError sets mode: +m #quakelive

<SyncError> Everyone please note...
    <SyncError> Dogs have legs.
    <SyncError> Okay carry on.
    * SyncError sets mode: -m #quakelive

*Gululu_Li
    http://images.pcworld.com/news/graph...1-tn_slide.jpg

^ this is mine. I got it for 120$ CAD but if you're gonna dish out that kind of cash i would way sooner suggest the razer blackwidow mechanical keyboard.

v there

http://drh2.img.digitalriver.com/DRH...imate-main.jpg

I really really really want that one =]

*zythisen
    I have one of these, works very nice in games, took me a little while to get used to though:
    http://www.cherry.de/english/product...s_G80-1800.htm

Senior Member nordag is an unknown quantity at this point nordag's Avatar
    Seriously, quit all the gaming-keyboard-fancyLED-****. Use Cherry, best keyboard manufacturer since, uhm, ever! I would only quit using Cherry keyboards for an Optimus Maximus.

Quote Originally Posted by crucci View Post
    I bought this keyboard for another computer, and while I only used it for a short time, the build quality is what you would expect from a cheap keyboard. It doesn't compare to Illuminated in any way IMO. The keys, while nice and flat, are noisier. It doesn't feel as sturdy, but that might not be a factor for many. Lastly, it's not as comfortable to rest your fingers on because it doesn't have any wrist support; even for a low keyboard, the support is needed as I have experienced with the Illuminated.
    Whats wrong with build quality? Its pretty simple, no extras like backlighting or display but keys feel same like one year ago and thats what matters, doesn't it? It may be a little noisier than Illuminated but unless you play without sound and zero environment noises you wont notice it. If you want sturdiness get a cherry like nordag advised. Not saying that Illuminated is a bad keyboard but 70 euros is pretty expensive compared to 20 euros for ultrax. Well maybe its the perfect mix of softness and sturdiness I don't know. And honestly if you have wrist problems get one of these (or similar):
    http://www.belkin.com/images/product...F8E263-BLK.jpg
    This thread isn't going anyway...and im not trying to sound pompous or be an ass here (though thats how this is going to come off) but most of you are too nooby noob to have a correct opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by nordag View Post
    You still move like a tard
    yea but I can't blame my keyboard anymore

+ Reply to Thread