+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Good keyboard?

Senior Member Raz0rblade is on a distinguished road Raz0rblade's Avatar

Good keyboard?

I think of buying a new one since i get issues with my actual one. I dont need stuff like display, extra makro-keys and so on. Background-light and Multimedia-keys are nice but not a must. What im looking for is a good key-stroke. I hearīd Ultra-Flat Keyboards are nice because of the short Key-way. Is this right?
    So yeah what are u using/what would u suggest me?

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Logitech Illuminated which I use myself is awesome. The keystroke is light and pretty shallow, but provides a good response nevertheless, perfect for gaming and writing in my opinion. It also makes very little sound. It has backlighting (3 different levels + off) and the function keys are also assigned to additional funcitons like e-mail, calculator and media functions with the simultaneous press of an FN-key, laptop-style. What's also nice is the wrist support, makes writing more comfortable. You can also lift up the angle if you wish but I never liked that in keyboards. The only thing that might put some people off is the font used, but personally I like the futuristic style.
    Last edited by crucci; 09-14-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    razor/steelseries both make good products
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rblade View Post
    I think of buying a new one since i get issues with my actual one. I dont need stuff like display, extra makro-keys and so on. Background-light and Multimedia-keys are nice but not a must. What im looking for is a good key-stroke. I hearīd Ultra-Flat Keyboards are nice because of the short Key-way. Is this right?
    So yeah what are u using/what would u suggest me?
    I've heard good things about the Steelseries 7g. It replaces the windows key with a special key that activates the media keys.

I thought that was a bit odd, I actually use the windows key quite a bit, just have to make sure it's disabled in-game. Not a problem for quakelive due to winkey_disable 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    I've heard good things about the Steelseries 7g. It replaces the windows key with a special key that activates the media keys.

I thought that was a bit odd, I actually use the windows key quite a bit, just have to make sure it's disabled in-game. Not a problem for quakelive due to winkey_disable 1
    In logitech Illuminated the function key replaces both the context menu and the Win keys on left side of right ctrl, and the windows key on the left side of the keyboard is still usable, just FYI

Senior Member ybl is on a distinguished road ybl's Avatar
    - keyboard is not so important, save ur money first for a good monitor.
    - i found myself a silent keyboard, and like it lot
    CA with <16 slots is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by qop View Post
    - keyboard is not so important, save ur money first for a good monitor.
    - i found myself a silent keyboard, and like it lot
    - maybe he already has a good monitor, or his keyboard isn't in the best condition anymore
    - what is that keyboard you found

Senior Member Schutzengel is on a distinguished road Schutzengel's Avatar
    The Steelseries 7 is a pretty good keyboard. Mechanical-switch keyboards are the best type.

Senior Member maltyplaya is on a distinguished road
    http://www.daskeyboard.com/

Really nice keyboard, I am planning on getting one. Then again for $200, It would want to be nice.

+ Reply to Thread