+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new tool: full Quake Live pk3 support in 7-Zip File Manager

Junior Member jlaw is on a distinguished road

new tool: full Quake Live pk3 support in 7-Zip File Manager

Just something that I thought would be handy. To be clear, this doesn't enable you to do anything that couldn't be done with quakelivedec. It just makes the process of working with Quake Live pk3s a little nicer.

If you're already familiar with 7-Zip, the elevator pitch here is: "anything you could do with zip files, can now also be done with pk3 files."

Here's an example of one method of creating a Quake Live pk3 and then opening it up for inspection, using the Windows Explorer integration of the 7-Zip File Manager:

That really is a Quake Live pk3 that you could drop straight into baseq3 and use, without needing to run it through quakelivedec.

More details, download links, and source code at http://neogeographica.com/site/pages/tools/7zippk3.html (Windows only, sorry!)

I've only used this on the systems that I have here at home, so although this is a pretty simple change to 7-Zip it's entirely possible there could be some problem... let me know if you run across any oddness.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    That's great. Thanks!

Junior Member jlaw is on a distinguished road
    Minor bugfix update here: https://github.com/neogeographica/7-...eases/tag/v1.1

Changes:
    • Disabled the option to split into volumes, when creating a pk3 archive.
    • Removed modules from 7zFM.exe that were duplicating functionality in 7z.dll. Practical results for users:
      • The 7zFM.exe file is smaller.
      • When you are creating an archive from the File Manager's context menu (as opposed to from the Windows Explorer menu), the menu of format options will no longer have duplicate entries.

+ Reply to Thread