+ Reply to Thread

Thread: These Maps suck

Junior Member Dumbbot is on a distinguished road

These Maps suck

Worst collection of maps EVER....worst monthly rotation EVER. It's a wonder there is anyone left playing this game.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Let me guess... you ever only play CA?

Member chino3000 is on a distinguished road
    so sign up pro if u want more maps.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Premium should be enough by the way if you want to play normal CA. No need to be able to spawn your own servers for that.

Junior Member JEEZ is on a distinguished road JEEZ's Avatar

Red face

Map rotation isn't bad mate. But on 90% servers players choose the same maps all the time, that's why it looks so boooooring and annoying, especially if you are a CA player with low accuracy + you are Tier 1/3 and you prefer the 'Unrestricted' servers. Hell's Gate Redux, Eviscerated, Dredwerkz in CA this month, again and again. Pure fun. So, you can buy Premium or Pro subscription and play any map you want or try another gametypes.

But I think that the problem isn't in the map rotation mate
    [You are a really good judgement of players behind walls Seh]

Senior Member RebelBeat will become famous soon enough
    It was worse before, JEEZ. Players played the same maps all the time, but it was even fewer maps -- Campgrounds, Blood Run, and Space CTF. That about sums up the first couple of years of QuakeLive until map rotation and end of game voting were introduced. At least now, we get a bit more variety. It's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.

Blaming the map seems to be the 'new' excuse for poor performance by players. I remember when standard players used to complain that they couldn't play any of the premium maps, because they were exclusive to subscribers only; now they complain that the formerly premium maps are supposedly 'garbage'. If it wasn't so sad, I'd almost find it amusing. :P
    Last edited by RebelBeat; 10-26-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Senior Member tomlin is on a distinguished road tomlin's Avatar
    And now, the majority of players that only played space ctf don't log in at all. Are you sure that's a step in the right direction?

I do like getting to know other maps a bit better so this system has benefits as well as the negatives, but now it's like the same 2 maps are being played, only out of a much more restricted pool. Before, the best maps used to be constantly played. Now, it's the best of a random bunch that are constantly played. Options are much narrower.

I think this month for ctf is decent , but it gets boring fast. Roll on november.

Member chino3000 is on a distinguished road
    without map rotation campgrounds would still be my favorite map and due to that the most (and maybe only) played.
    gotta say that campgrounds became pretty boring to me since i know hidden fortress or trinity or a bunch of other maps.
    map rotation is a good thing!

Junior Member JEEZ is on a distinguished road JEEZ's Avatar
    RebelBeat, yeah, I remember it too Campgrounds, Almost Lost, Hidden Fortress, Hell's Gate, ZTN again and again.
    [You are a really good judgement of players behind walls Seh]

+ Reply to Thread