+ Reply to Thread

Thread: commands to help with warping players

Senior Member chaos252 is on a distinguished road

commands to help with warping players

ive noticed, after the update especially, an increase in jittery players. i dont use timenudge, is there any commands that help with the problem?

some players are so bad its laughable.

is this just a part of ql that has to be dealt with or is there any workarounds?

Member c0rrupt is on a distinguished road
    timenudge doesnt effect users from warping or cause it

yea? well try putting timenudge at -20 and people will appear to jitter around regardless of connection. thats what high timenudge does.

thanks for the useless post though.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    wasn't warping supposed to decrease with this update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Member c0rrupt is on a distinguished road
    sorry cl_timenudge -20 doesnt cause any of that for me

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    timenudge -20 doesn't cause warp.

but, what it absolutely will do, if you're on a good connection, is you will notice that players that maybe looked smooth as they move about but were incredibly hard to hit will be highlighted by severe judder as their bad connection isn't smoothed out in the same way any more. This does make it easier to know to avoid bothering with them in some situations. If you pop to spec you can confirm it's highlighting an issue their end by checking how jagged their netgraph is.

yes i am aware timenudge is clientside, doesnt cause actual warp etc. i only wrote that so people wouldnt post "turn off timenudge".

i just wondered if there were any tricks, without having to trawl through forums and esr. it may just be the chicago servers ive been playing on bugging out.

Member risshinben is on a distinguished road
    In Q3A you had cg_smoothclients, but that doesn't work in QL. Other than that command there isn't really anything that helps with warpers.

Some of those guys are using wifi connection and others just have super low FPS. So I don't think you can do anything about that other than those people fixing the problem on their end.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    I was mostly writing to comment on it highlighting lag, not correct you about it not causing warp. 'micro warp' as some often put it becomes quite obvious with timenudge on max (or auto) , as only very smooth players remain fairly smooth.

smoothclients was fairly broken, so if it ever returned I hope it's patched up a fair bit.

Member Lejionator is on a distinguished road
    Warp is lame!
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 10-28-2013 at 01:27 PM.
    I AM THE DESTROYER!

+ Reply to Thread