+ Reply to Thread

Thread: monitor error message when game starts

Member John_Clark is an unknown quantity at this point

monitor error message when game starts

i have a Dell In1910n lcd monitor, worked fine until last night when i loaded ql on prism as always and when the game started (not the website or loading page, they work fine), the monitor clicks off and i get a dell error message on the monitor, "the current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. change in put timing to 1366x768 @60 hz or any other timing supported by this monitor" or something to that effect.

been playing for years on this monitor without incident, suddenly there's this?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Your r_mode or r_displayrefresh must have changed for some reason. Just change it back and make sure it's not saved in a autoexec.cfg
    Last edited by FlashSoul; 10-24-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Did you adjust the resolution at all? What res do you normally play in?

When that happens how do you get out of it?

how do i change it back? log in on another machine? I figured my settings had changed, i certainly didn't change my r-mode or r-displayrefresh. I tried deleting and re-installing quake live to no effect. I also tried resetting all settings.

what do i change it to? what should it be?
    when it happens i have to alt+f4 to terminate. this closes the game but not the quakelive browser.

I never changed my resolution, in fact i couldn't find any game resolution controls in the settings. for one thing you have to be logged in to an actual game, so i can't see on my machine, and when i logged in on another machine, i found no screen resolution settings under video settings.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    What if when the screen is black, you hit alt+enter?

That should switch to windowed mode, at which point you could set default resolution settings:

r_mode "-2"

Then try going fullscreen again:

r_fullscreen "1"
    vid_restart

hmm ill try that thanks

+ Reply to Thread