+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DDK and ischju

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    I think I know what the OP is talking about, but right now I can't seem to find the thread. Someone posted a link to a book written by an Esports competitor (mainly Street Fighter), particularly the chapter about "Scrubs" as a response to one of those"everyone is cheating because I loose all the time and if only everyone played fair I'd win" type of threads. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but maybe this will jog a memory or two. If I ever find the link again I'll post it.

As for Ender's Game, I seriously hope the Movie doesn't butcher one of my all time favorite books.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTcman View Post
    I think I know what the OP is talking about, but right now I can't seem to find the thread. Someone posted a link to a book written by an Esports competitor (mainly Street Fighter), particularly the chapter about "Scrubs" as a response to one of those"everyone is cheating because I loose all the time and if only everyone played fair I'd win" type of threads. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but maybe this will jog a memory or two. If I ever find the link again I'll post it.
    Probably has nothing to do with what the OP was asking for, but as for the link you're talking about this is it here: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playi...in-part-1.html

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Lorfa. I brought it up because the OP mentioned a kid who played chess and wanted to go pro, and I seem to recall something similar referenced in the link. At any rate, it is an interesting read about the competetive mindset.

Junior Member zimbara is on a distinguished road
    The Art of Learning, by Josh Waitzkin

+ Reply to Thread