+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DDK and ischju

Member CMSS is on a distinguished road

DDK and ischju

ddk and and ischju spoke about farm animals on a stream 4 months ago, and he also spoke about a book, if my memory is correct, it was about a kid who entered chess tournaments and who wanted to go pro (something like that) but can anybody remember what the actual book was called. thankyou. (to remind you about the stuff [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUCPoJZscPM / http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv/c/2396724 / http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv/c/2396710 ] ill be greatful if you guys can remind me what the book is called, (i think it MIGHT be Enders game, im unsure) thankyou.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Ender's Game has about as much to do with chess as Star Wars has to do with checkers.

jaja, i dont want a book about chess, i just want a book which will help me understand the main things to contain a perfect mindset which i can use for quake

Senior Member d3phx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CMSS View Post
    jaja, i dont want a book about chess, i just want a book which will help me understand the main things to contain a perfect mindset which i can use for quake
    if you could hear me laughing right now you would never, ever, log in to the forums again out of sheer annoyance.

perfect mindset... play quake when you feel like playing quake, and put your heart in it. if you dont feel like playing quake, dont play quake. you'll enjoy it more, and you'll be more focused when you play. there is no such thing as a perfect mindset in any application.

you are what you feel like. if you feel like playing quake, you are quake. if you have a string of bad games, chances are you were forcing it, and you didnt want to play in the first place (no matter how much you deny it).

you may be right

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Ender's Game is one of those books you should read before you die, though.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Ender's Game has about as much to do with chess as Star Wars has to do with checkers.
    Stormtroopers are white and they always move first!

And I second Ender's Game being a must.

alright, thanks

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Don't listen to d3phx too much, the best players in the world often talk about having the right mindset. You can change yourself to want to play Quake longer, especially by what you are doing before the game. There can be a "slot machine" effect also where you are sort of hating Quake and not concentrating very well on it but just coming back for the flashing lights and because you're raging about losing to such a "noob".
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

alright thanks alot man!

+ Reply to Thread