+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Only FFA games for non paying non prem pro people

Senior Member EvilSuperman is on a distinguished road EvilSuperman's Avatar

Cool Only FFA games for non paying non prem pro people

the amount of people that play and dont pay is big...I reckon take away the game modes just give the cheaps ffa and see how many fork out the green..

whadyathink

Senior Member ybl is on a distinguished road ybl's Avatar
    could work if 10$/y
    CA with <16 slots is nothing.

Senior Member EvilSuperman is on a distinguished road EvilSuperman's Avatar
    man its $50 a year,that sweet FA..I spend more on lollies for my kids a years then that..and lets not mention the amount os cash we spend on Beer..it is not expensive,QL is very affordable to everyone ....

but in saying that 10 or 20 a year is more attractive then 50 ,so maybe at that price more people would buy,and the population of the game would increase ..

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    QL is quite cheap. After just getting into another online game recently, I considered "going pro" there. It's $100 a year, but that only unlocks the pro options. You still need to buy "gold" to do anything cool. QL is a bargain considering all the "free" pay-to-play games out there.

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    But dont you think by giving them an "Inch" by lowering the price,they are going to want a"Mile"? And still complain about it? I think so. I have allways agreed that 50 a year is a steal..

Member bennyhotnuts is on a distinguished road
    You guys have more money then sense. I miss the days when games were just a one off purchase, and they were tailored for maximum enjoyment and not maximum revenue.

Alas now they are directed at the lowest common denominator, money talks, sad times.

As for the suggestion of making non paying customers only play FFA, you really want to make this game like every other 'free' to play game on the net, basically a pile of crap unless you fork out cash, not a good idea.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    I don't miss game servers closing from lack of ongoing funding.

Member bennyhotnuts is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    I don't miss game servers closing from lack of ongoing funding.
    Whether you like it or not, games have a finite peak, no amount of funding is going to stop that, games will naturally decline and servers will close, leaving just a dedicated few who are truly passionate about the game.

Charging the few people left playing them more money is not really the solution, making new and better games is the solution, however developers would rather take the easy route and charge subscriptions or make expansion packs at some cost to the consumer.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    No, Yakumo is 100% right.

Everyone should pay for their own server usage, nothing could be fairer. That's how the game would "naturally decline". There's nothing natural about a large corporation deciding on when to pull the plug, there's nothing fair about a couple of dedicated people paying for servers for everyone, which you didn't even mention in your post probably because it's so ridiculous that you just ignored it.

A new "better" game every few years that everyone is forced to play and all the old servers are closed? Please, go back to your latest Call of Duty or Halo games.

I like this idea. Let people play FFA for free, then they have to pay to play other game modes.
    Last edited by quakestreme; 10-21-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    @OP :
    Not only FFA. It's not a good sample of the game on its own. What I would like to see is a gamemode rotation :
    http://www.esreality.com/post/243927...tf/#pid2454136

Quote Originally Posted by bennyhotnuts View Post
    Whether you like it or not, games have a finite peak, no amount of funding is going to stop that, games will naturally decline and servers will close, leaving just a dedicated few who are truly passionate about the game.
    Yet we're still playing QL. So much for natural death. Sure there are less people than Q3 at its peak but we can still play easily. There are also many more players on QL now than there were on Q3 when QL came out. I much prefer that to a new game I wouldn't even play, honestly. You seem to think that newer = better and so that we should aim for newer games instead. That's not how the real world works.

+ Reply to Thread