+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Video will not load to enter match after update

Junior Member RottenRandy is on a distinguished road

Video will not load to enter match after update

Im getting this error message

"
    ** GLW_CreateWindow: could not register window class
    Please report the the problem you encountered on the Quake Live forums.
    You must reload the web page to make this display go away.

"

I have reloaded, cleared cache, restarted, reset video settings to lowest level and still get same error message. Tried in IE and Firefox

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Back up configs and reset defaults from the website (game settings --> reset defaults).

Junior Member RottenRandy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks the reset worked . I did not back up config how would I do that next time?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RottenRandy View Post
    Thanks the reset worked . I did not back up config how would I do that next time?
    Locate config folder: http://www.holysh1t.net/quake-live-c...cated-windows/

The files are qzconfig.cfg repconfig.cfg and autoexec.cfg (if it exists). You could rename these or move them to a different directory.

Junior Member TerribleTrioJon is on a distinguished road
    I had the same error message, but when I copied and replaced the config files I copied after resetting everything, I got a black screen this time (when entering a game) without an error message. I think the config files might be the root of the problem.

I might just have to rebuild my config back from scratch....

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTrioJon View Post
    I had the same error message, but when I copied and replaced the config files I copied after resetting everything, I got a black screen this time (when entering a game) without an error message. I think the config files might be the root of the problem.

I might just have to rebuild my config back from scratch....
    You could try just removing the r_ variables, then doing the same procedure again and see if that works. That should cut down on the amount of searching considerably if it works.

+ Reply to Thread