+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: T4 Elitists

Senior Member d3phx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ballin4life View Post
    If you're outnumbered at that spot it is pretty reasonable to leave...

The whole point of the "baiting" concept is that you're using your teammates as bait. They take all the fire while you sit back and do free damage. So of course the person who is "baiting" will likely do more damage!

If you have a lot of HP at the end of the round it is likely that you played suboptimally - given that optimal strategy is to spread the damage out amongst your team (better for them to do 100 damage each to 3 people than 300 damage to 1 person, because then you still have the damage output of 3 people rather than being a person down).

Also, it seems like you're primarily describing a scenario where your whole team is ****, in which case you probably weren't gonna win anyway, regardless of your strategy.

I agree that hoping for teamwork in pubs will lead to disappointment. But that's actually why simplistic strategies like "meet at bridge" are the best you can really hope for.

I get that some people are just whiners, but there is at least SOME reasoning behind the cries of "go top" and "don't be last and full".
    im the guy that sits below bridge, at rail bend, or at RL-YA bend taking easy shots at people that arent looking at me/catching people falling off bridge. im not going to start every round with potentially 2-3 people looking at me ready to shoot as soon as the round starts. that's dumb. if anything, ill start from pillars and rj my way around the map and come to bridge late after the dead weight has been culled.

there are a few players i 100% refuse to help though.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derid View Post
    QFT. Ranking system definitely needs redone, but according to this forum at least.. that has been a very long running complaint with QL that has never been addressed. Best I can tell from forum + talking with ppl, is that if they redid it then most of the T4Gold who comprise the bulk of W-chasing arsehattery would then have a harder time finding servers and more slumming would occur.. though thats just conjecture.
    With qlranks it's slightly less conjecture again in EU from my POV, when t5 existed the games at that level were very rare. With qlranks running, watching ELO changes and the average of the players on the servers I find it very hard most of the time to find a game in my main gametype that doesn't give me negative ELO for coming first, there has to be more than 3 or 4 players in the top 50 world rank in the server usually.
    I'd actually imagine in the US it would be worse.

Their ELO is maybe a bit broken, but it's not really the problem, the fine lines between large skill gaps at various levels is.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 10-25-2013 at 08:36 AM.

*baerlic
    Quote Originally Posted by d3phx View Post
    fun for me = doing lots of damage, getting lots of kills, and hopefully winning the game. other people's strategies dont play into that equation very often, especially not when they complain about baiting at the end of 100% of the rounds when they are completely unreliable teammates that leave the position that they told everyone to go to less than 5 seconds into the round.

people that go to "that spot" and die first always say "nobody went" even though, chances are, everyone went and probably ran away after the first damage they took. later on, some other people will die and blame the round loss on the LMS "baiting."

the reality is, that LMS probably did more damage than the rest of his team, combined, before backing off because his whole team got destroyed. the problem is that his team doesnt have a chance to see that. all the team sees is LMS with lots of health and armor and immediately cries "BAITER BAD BAD BAD LOL BAD BAITER BAD" because those idiots were too bad/stupid to preserve their own stack, and they're upset that they died and LMS didnt.

point is: if you rely on teammates in pubs, you'll be disappointed. i learned this 2 years ago when i started playing this game, and the same concept transcends all tiers and all gametypes. so why go to "that spot?" why give those whineys what they want? they're just going to whine more, even when there's nothing to whine about.
    lolca 10chars

Junior Member JEEZ is on a distinguished road JEEZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CplDJon View Post
    I also DO NOT TOLERATE any kind of insults, specially if a team leader insults his own team... INSTANT KICK WITHOUT WARNING. I just... cannot tolerate that. You can trashtalk a bit of course, trying to get the other team emotionnal, but there is no point in private team chat trash talk, by telling the last one he sucks for example.
    Thumbs up mate. Trash talk on the last players (for example) is often demoralizes the whole team (your own team!), so it's not a good way to realize the stress even if your team loose the match or you have a less skilled players as your teammates.
    [You are a really good judgement of players behind walls Seh]

Quote Originally Posted by baerlic View Post
    lolca 10chars
    i like playing ctf and sometimes dueling, but i cba to put the effort in to compete in duel or ctf pickups. once you play enough ca, it really is kind of mindless, but no matter how much tdm, ctf, duel you play, you always have to focus on items etc. i like that and i dont. just depends on what kind of mood im in.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    . if you've caught as many cheaters as you and other people say, than i'm willing to bet it's because the quakelive scene in europe is much bigger than in the states
    so if you think your area is safe from certain malicious activities (which it isn't) and the bigger problem resides in europe, this still makes your statement untrue and non-applicable to the subject as a whole.

Junior Member Teknician is on a distinguished road
    I decided to explain the reason, as a T4 player, why I personnaly get mad in game.

You see there is people who are unhappy or cry over this forum about the gap of skill level between t3 and T4.
    In game you either see unskilled players saying what to do OR not doing what most skilled players say in their team.
    Even thought they go at the location they pretty much can't aim or are bad positionning and jump over the place.
    At some point I would be ok about the aim and postionning... except for when you say ''top'' (and they go below) or a specific location at start.

I think I'm a skilled player and at this point I don't have much to learn about this game. So what's left you might ask? The fun of teamwork and competitive games. The problem is unskilled players makes both, teamwork and competitive, absolutly impossible. I don't care about losing as long as it's fun. At some point wh'en you've played a lot a game there's nothing new to discover, you know a new world or new mechanism (gameplay) is fun a start. Later on competive games make you happy since you have nothing left to discover about the game.

I hope I brought another point of view, and yes there's some ''troll'' in game but it's absolutly not all T4 players. I, unfortunatly, started to troll people that dont help their teamates... or I troll ''trolls''.

Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    so if you think your area is safe from certain malicious activities (which it isn't) and the bigger problem resides in europe, this still makes your statement untrue and non-applicable to the subject as a whole.
    im not saying USA is free of cheaters. im saying more people in europe play quake than in USA. by that fact alone, there are bound to be more cheaters in europe. out of the handful of people i have suspected of cheating on quakelive, i would guess that only 1 or MAYBE 2 of them were truly cheating. that being said, i saw lots of people autofiring when i played in tier3, but i just dont see that in tier 4, ever. even when ive suspected people of wallhacking and watched their pov in wolfcam, theres never enough to say "yea this guy is definitely cheating."

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    im not saying USA is free of cheaters. im saying more people in europe play quake than in USA.
    thats what i confirmed and agreed to, yet your statement isnt anything that could be globally carried out. please.. im not your johnny come lately on the block if you know what i mean =)

it was no offense to you either, the whole point of my initial reply was cus someone said something you said which simply isnt valid for the rest of the world - was claimed to be the best statement ever on the forum. its not about you personally and theres no need to double check everyone on wolfcam either, if you played a lot and get a feel for whats possible and whats not, u realize whats garbage and what isn't. that is something one cannot expect from every user however it still is present if you like it or not.

peace to you
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-04-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    thats what i confirmed and agreed to, yet your statement isnt anything that could be globally carried out. please.. im not your johnny come lately on the block if you know what i mean =)

it was no offense to you either, the whole point of my initial reply was cus someone said something you said which simply isnt valid for the rest of the world - was claimed to be the best statement ever on the forum. its not about you personally and theres no need to double check everyone on wolfcam either, if you played a lot and get a feel for whats possible and whats not, u realize whats garbage and what isn't. that is something one cannot expect from every user however it still is present if you like it or not.

peace to you
    AHH, THAT post. he was agreeing with what i said about lesser skilled players calling EVERYONE that beats them a cheater. like people that are sub-tier 3 players saying people like he and i are cheating when we're playing comfortably in tier 4 and it's their first day -- situations in which it's more absurd that anyone would call someone a cheater than it would be likely for said person to be cheating.

i agree with what you say about playing for long enough to have a feel for shots, etc. out of the games i still play, i like to think i have a pretty good feel for what most people are capable of. granted, i've never played against anyone that's absolutely blown my mind consistently. the ridiculous/impressive/wut moments are usually short lived.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-04-2013 at 04:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread