+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: T4 Elitists

Junior Member LizTheKid is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Latvietis View Post
    Totally agree, CA is probably the harshest game mode when it comes to people. Better switch to duel, ctf or ffa. People there are mutch nicer,

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong then

As an old RA3 player, CA is the closest game mode to that which is why I enjoy it. These days, I don't have the time or ambition to become one of the elite again. It's just a bit disheartening when (according to 'skill matching') I've earned the right to be there and yet get flamed and kicked as soon as I join.

If as people have suggested, lower T4 players unbalance the game so much and negatively affect 'leet' players stats (to the point they become almost suicidal), maybe the tier system could use a little review?

Also... drop me an friend request if you fancy a nice game of QL

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    Take names, get better, pwn them up!
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

Junior Member kicthecan is on a distinguished road
    Sometimes I hate the tier system. When T3 is too easy I would like to play T4 and get better, because getting my ass kicked is the best way for me to learn, but what happens is I get my ass kicked out of there. And finding my tier raised only disappoints me.

I miss the days when weaker players were just on the bottom of the scoreboard...

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    It's not so bad if there's two tier 3 players on the server. What's bad is if there's only one... Or any odd number of them for that matter.

Member dec is on a distinguished road
    T4 players have invested a lot of time into the game and are always looking for highly competitive games. This is why we always shuffle many times to make teams even or play Pick Up Games where we choose captains and teams. When someone comes along and plays they often get the benefit of the doubt for the first game. But if you don't do damage you will get asked to leave or even worse kicked =(. I don't think this is right, but it is the way it is. Just try to do as much damage as possible. As a T3 player who has just moved up the style of play you used in T3 will not work. T4 is filled with highly skilled players who can aim ridiculously. Best advice I can give you when you start in T4 is find the area where your teammates meet up and use your rockets to do as much damage as possible. If you can keep up your damage then T4's will love you. The part where T4's get cranky is when the new player is found last hiding with 200/100 and they proceed to LG 22% accuracy across the map and eat four rails.

TL;DR - Meet up with rocket launcher; Do as much damage as you can. Don't run and stay alive without doing damage.

Senior Member Latvietis is on a distinguished road
    When moving to T4 a good thing to do is look for servers below 100 skill rating. Most of the people there will be like you - alternating tiers so you will be accepted there

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    Being better than someone ruins the game I love it.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Junior Member LizTheKid is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibers View Post
    Being better than someone ruins the game I love it.

Who said that? Or are you just trolling?

I said the arrogance of T4 players is of detriment to the game. My point proven perfectly with your comment.

Member pwnr is on a distinguished road pwnr's Avatar
    I'm not really sure this is just a T4 "elitism" issue per se, frankly you need to be staggeringly bad NOT to be in T4, its hardly elite and I dont think many people would claim it to be.

You certainly wont convince me that finger-pointing and general douchebaggery doesn't happen in T3 aswell.
    Last edited by pwnr; 10-05-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Senior Member xXApathyXx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pwnr View Post
    You certainly wont convince me that finger-pointing and general douchebaggery doesn't happen in T3 aswell.
    The irony in it all, is that it happens in all tiers. For some strange reason people just want to gravitate towards what it's like in t4 and turn the other cheek everywhere else. I've been bounced up and down between t4 and t3 A LOT after they got rid of t5 and I started getting a bit better. I've seen these issues in both tiers during that time and as for now... We'll there are a few t3 players that I will sometimes play with on unrestricted servers and they are by no means different from the people in the upper tiers. I say it's worse in the regards to this because since people start in t3 when they join nowadays. Meaning that a huge influx of those t3 players either left or dealt with the up and down to only stay in t4 at the end. T3 and lower is now home to the newer players and people who's reflexes are not what they used to be as well as a few people who still bounce up and down.

+ Reply to Thread