+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: T4 Elitists

Junior Member LizTheKid is on a distinguished road

T4 Elitists

Hi,
    I'm sorry if you're T4 and you're not like this, but I've found many of the players are....

I keep getting put up to T4, not by choice but by the ranking system this iteration of quake has applied to it. I hate T4, not because of the challenge (I'd prefer that) but because of the players.

Every time I join a T4 match I'm met by a bunch of elitist numpty's that vote me straight off because my skill rating isn't >100. Why?

Why do T4 players appear to be such morons?

Anyhow.... Whats the best way to ensure I remain at T3 so I don't have to put up with these 'zomg I'm soo much better than you all I do is play QL all day every day' idiots?

Players of Q3 and RA3 etc used to be helpful and offer assistance. Indeed, I used to play all the time as a youth and was far better than I am today being a member of several big clans of the time and entering in to clanbase leagues etc. Even the best players then didn't have have the arrogance and ego of the very mediocre players in T4 these days.

Shame, it ruins the game.

Senior Member d3phx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LizTheKid View Post
    Every time I join a T4 match I'm met by a bunch of elitist numpty's that vote me straight off because my skill rating isn't >100. Why?

Why do T4 players appear to be such morons?
    if youre getting kicked from a tier 4 server, these are the 2 most likely reasons.

1) your elo is too low and nobody wants to play against you because of the risk of a huge elo loss
    2) nobody wants you on their team because you're not good enough to compete with the other team

Senior Member Latvietis is on a distinguished road
    Im T4 (100+) and the reason beacuse people with lesser skill get kicked is plain simple.. it makes the game uneven by a large margin. I personaly dont kick lesser players. Unless massive ping/lagg, witch is unplayable, like 200 or sutch or if the player is clearly very new, not t3 but something like - i cant even shoot. Players like that clearly are not t4 and should play their skill level. I recomend you avoid russian/poland servers and maybe even UK, those guys are dicks when it comes to that. For me, when i was alternating, SWE was the best

Junior Member LizTheKid is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for your response guys - so it basically boils down to T4 players being precious about stats. Wow.

It can't be that I'm sooo much a worse player because QL ranks me up there and keeps putting me in the T4 bracket for a while before I drop back down. I can hold my own, albeit I'm certainly not running around pwning up the map. Plus, T3 I usually finish the game on top or around the top of the pile come the end of a match.

I know it's not just me that suffers this either as I've had conversations with quite a few borderline T3/T4 players. oh well.

I'll try some other servers then... Although it makes sense to join British servers because I get a great ping.

Sad state of a community when players are getting kicked and abused because it might act negatively on another players stats. Oh dear.

Made me laugh earlier today - In a T4 server, first round and someone call votes me because of my 'skill' or whatever. At the end of that round I'm last standing VS 4, and manage to take out 3 before kicking the bucket. But hey, kick me cus my skill rating says 80 instead of 100.

But now I get it - it's effect their stats if I kill them. Great.

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    I've been in the same situation, when I was about the same spot as you are on the learning curve. I even opened thread titled "QL has the least friendly community". Now I am SR 930+ in CA, but situation is not much better up here either If you underperform or simply face better players on the opposing team, be ready for barrel of blame pouring on your head from team

Solution? Ignore and don't get mad about it. Build friend list and play with them, or switch to duels

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    Some T3/4 borderline players on here have said they used /handicap with some success to stay in T3, perhaps you could try that next time you drop back down.

Also in case you dont know you can use the /block command to block the chat from people you dont want to hear although its not very reliable and doesnt always block their messages.

Otherwise, best advice is what Flanger said.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    T3 is always a lot more relaxed a fun. All the long-time try-hard players are in T4 (of course) and love that W, no matter what it takes. They may say they just want to have fun, but fun=Win to them, so...

My suggestion is to build a friend base of people you enjoy playing with/against, then start hosting your own games. And/or join a clan you enjoy playing with - plenty of options there. If you have some good players in that mix, you'll continue to improve and then be able to handle your own in pub T4 CA

Senior Member ShaZe is on a distinguished road ShaZe's Avatar
    Personally, I dont thinks anybody should care about CA at all. Sometimes I go there to warmup or just to play something before moving on something else and if I feel like I am playing really worse than usual, I will give my spot to someone else.
    If I feel Im doing good but I receive flame because the opposite team was stacked or I somehow appeared at the bottom of the list even though I had decent damage output / teamplay, I will just not care at all and continue playing.

But in the end, I believe that everybody should focus on another gametype and move to CA when they want to relax and have a mindless match.

Senior Member Latvietis is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaZe View Post

But in the end, I believe that everybody should focus on another gametype and move to CA when they want to relax and have a mindless match.
    Totally agree, CA is probably the harshest game mode when it comes to people. Better switch to duel, ctf or ffa. People there are mutch nicer,

*CplDJon
    Same for me... T3-T4-T3-T4...

Also, these elitist T4 always want to play the same maps. This is why I create servers where all voting is disabled and autoshuffle ON. This is soooo funny, they join... and at the end of the match, when they see they cannot control the server by voting again the same map, they quit. They also cannot kick players... so after a match or two, the server becomes clean with nice ppl.

I also DO NOT TOLERATE any kind of insults, specially if a team leader insults his own team... INSTANT KICK WITHOUT WARNING. I just... cannot tolerate that. You can trashtalk a bit of course, trying to get the other team emotionnal, but there is no point in private team chat trash talk, by telling the last one he sucks for example.

I always put all the maps so when u play on my servers, be sure you will play all available maps for the current month, one after the other.

DJon

+ Reply to Thread