+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Games feels delayed a lot of the time

Senior Member bennyhotnuts is on a distinguished road
    Never heard the expression getting sand in your delicate feminine area, thats rare, and yes I am deliberately avoiding using the V word because some anally retentive moderator will probably see fit to ban me for uttering such a ludicrously risqué word.

As for the fps change doing nothing, who knows, everyone around these forums seems to try and pass themselves off as a computer expert (not meaning to offend here), recommending 100's of tweaks and bloatware programmes like they are written law; all I know is what works for me and what doesn't through trial and error, at the moment this change is having great effects, even on this crappy work PC, I am sure when I play tonight it will probably be back to ice skating and sound delay, so I will be on to my next placebo.

I think my next placebo will be changing the pc timer to 1 minute faster, so I can be ahead of time and shoot people before they even realise.

Senior Member drunkenFooL will become famous soon enough
    Just for those who are following this thread and are curious of DPC Latency Checker, here is a guide about it from niemiro (March 2013).
    How to diagnose and fix high dpc latency issues...
    http://www.sysnative.com/forums/wind...sta-7-8-a.html

Senior Member realgumby is on a distinguished road
    Just FYI. I had this issue after the last update and I traced it down to Malwarebytes (anti malware program). By turning off the option -website blocking - that cured the latency. So if anyone is using it they might want to try that first along with the program suggested to check the latency issue your having.

Junior Member M00b is on a distinguished road

Solved

I too have suffered these symptoms and followed most of those guides/tweaks, only to cause more problems and not solve the issue.
    A very simple test will verify if it is just connection /server related latency, sometimes not even reported on the lagometer.
    Play a busy 10-16 slot match when your location is at peak net traffic, times like 6pm to 11pm, then play off peak at like 2-4am and with fewer players or duel, the difference is obvious on all the main uk ISPs from my area.
    There may be an anti-cheat, giving punk buster type lag, but it is mostly the overcrowded net, your ISP and their GSP data-centers.
    Before you try tweaks just play other games with dedicated servers for testing, on/off peak, like Q3, CS, UT and COD to see if it is just an overloaded network, QL or your computer.

+ Reply to Thread