+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can't run plugin - Firefox 23 - Linux Mint 14 (Nadia) 32 bits

Junior Member prozaker is on a distinguished road

Can't run plugin - Firefox 23 - Linux Mint 14 (Nadia) 32 bits

I don't remember If I've played on this computer before, but I've been unable to start a match.

After clicking on practice for instance, it goes to the advertisement and then displays a gray screen. My cpu fires to 100% and then it stays there as well as the gray screen.

I've tried qlprism with the same result. it hangs when it tries to load the game.

res: 1280 X 800
    Operating System: Linux Mint 14 32 bits
    Proc: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz
    Graphics info:
    VGA compatible controller Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    Display controller Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

glxinfo | grep renderer
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset x86/MMX/SSE2

*schwitters
    Consider yourself lucky. On my Debian Wheezy/Firefox 23 system the plugin crashes as soon as I go to the "practice" page (after a minute or so of hogging the cpu, to be precise). Don't know when this error was introduced since I haven't logged in for 2 months or so, but things used to work flawlessly.

I can join online servers and play though. So it's not a video driver issue. Sent a firefox crash report, and there it said that npquakelive.i386.so crashed in a call into libc. Guess it's due to a change that they made to the site.

Can't play in any mode in my case. Shame

Junior Member Cloudface is on a distinguished road Cloudface's Avatar
    I can no longer play either--guess they'll have to start issuing refunds as result of their improvements.

Junior Member Waperboy is on a distinguished road
    Same here for Practice mode since last week. It started happening suddenly, while I was on the quakelive site.

I had played in practice mode earlier, then switched to the online page. Was sitting there for an hour or so, while doing other things. Then when I click on Practice, it started to display the page, then froze - and it's been freezing ever since, whenever I click on Practice.

I have tried removing Quakelive completely and re-downloading everything from scratch, but to no avail. Practice just stopped working mid-day.

Wireshark snooping says that it downloads the image files for the game types before it froze.

Firefox profiling says it froze in "compiled_v2013071600.0.js", line 709, in function:

Code:
    done() (line 17)
        module.ShowContent() (line 709)
          PreparePanelHandlers() (line 709)
            <Anonymous>() (line 709)
    Last edited by Waperboy; 09-21-2013 at 05:02 AM.

*ARGOS66
    Same problem for me.
    Firefox 24.0

Operating System: Linux Mint 14 64 bits
    Proc: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz

glxinfo | grep renderer
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Desktop

It's a new PC.

Junior Member Waperboy is on a distinguished road
    From what I can tell from the first time I ran Wireshark to sniff the network traffic, clicking on Practice stopped working during the afternoon of monday September 16. Browser was started and Practice was working, then suddenly clicking on Practice stops working, browser/ql site not restarted/reloaded.

*Begnoc
    Quote Originally Posted by Waperboy View Post

Firefox profiling says it froze in "compiled_v2013071600.0.js", line 709, in function:
    same here. seems it is stuck in a loop. Firefox 23.0.1 Linux x86_64

I was able to play from my linux desktop so, my guess is that it's a driver problem.

*schwitters
    @prozaker

It doesn't look like a driver problem at all. Here's a crash report
    https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/repo...8-87fc12130917

Now look at the backtrace. Is any driver involved? No. It's only npquakelive.i386.so and libc-2.13.so

+ Reply to Thread