+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An observation if I may.....

Member Bendersoveralls is on a distinguished road

An observation if I may.....

Is there a script that allows you to fire and jump at the same time?

It seems a lot of people always are jumping whenever they fire......

Just seems odd......

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    There is no script..Its just a style that a lot of players use..Dodge and Shoot sort of thing while keeping your speed up..I find it gets a lot of new players in trouble as they have to do two things at one time while keeping thier eye on the ball while wasteing ammo needlessly..I prefer the Flat Foot Dodge Shoot Style..Jump when I need to.
    Last edited by lowlife1; 09-10-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    It is odd. You shouldn't jump in a fight at all until you know what you're doing.

However, there are rocketjump scripts. They time the jump and shoot, you only have to look down. I assume most people don't care and just spam it or even bind it to mouse1. Who knows. .. That would make them jump and shot almost at the same time.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member drohne is on a distinguished road
    on some threads where is stuff posted about rj-scripts, if they work i dunno: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/searc...earchid=504213. also some guyz mention it is cheating, again i dunno. if someone has truble with doin rj i guess he uses a very low sense, so i would recommenend to use a higher sense. and ofc practising wont hurt

Senior Member Uuber is on a distinguished road
    I know TF2 has these scripts. Didn't know QL did. Most just practice RJ. Where you aim and when you jump make a big difference. Wish I was better at it.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    They are nothing compared to the ninja scripts which were available (and eventually banned) from Quake 3. It WAS possible to also move your crosshair with scripted commands. So you could script stuff like turn backwards, fire rocket/grenade, turn back forward. or looking down, jumping, shooting, looking up with a button press. This is NOT possible in QuakeLive. You can only use commands to time the jump and shot, you have to look down manually (thats why I assume some people are constantly jumping/shooting, they hit their RJ bind but don't look down). The commands to move your crosshair properly with scripts are cheat protected and cannot be used on online servers.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Banned Gojira_ is on a distinguished road
    I didn't notice ninja script in q3. Q2 had a collection of cool scripts, like zoom, rjing without having to use the mouse. Personally I think rjing should be practiced and perfected rather than using some lazy script. The game is dynamic, treat it dynamically. Just my opinion though.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    ^The best q2 script was the one for charging rocket jumps, so it was a massive RJ in one move. Best used in ra2 in q2dm1's water to RL.

RJ scripts are quite useful. Personally I have never used them (besides the example above), but what they serve for is being consistent (crucial in ctf) and for doing stuff very hard to do manually (the ztn shards to RA RJ).
    Last edited by megaman3; 09-11-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

+ Reply to Thread