+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: September 2013 Standard Rotation

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    perfect choice, many flags will be stolen )

Junior Member Manusia is on a distinguished road
    nice........

Senior Member chaos252 is on a distinguished road
    ive played a few ffa's almost every night this past month and have yet to see lost world, concrete place, battleforged or gothic rage in the choices. hells gate came up once and ztn is rare but does come up.

it has been nothing but retribution, trinity, edge, hidden fortress, jap castles, cold war and arcane citadel. the way the votes go its a constant cycle of trinity, retribution, hidden fortress and edge. why dont the duel maps come up? lost world is very fun to ffa in and all the other duel maps work to. i dont get it.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    They are probably not compatible with the number of players the FFA servers you play on are set for. I can't imagine how terrible lost world, concrete place, battleforged would be with more than 4 players. I don't know about gothic rage.

Senior Member chaos252 is on a distinguished road
    if that were the case why does ztn come up? ive played 2 ffas with 8 players in ztn. lost world is very fun with 8 players. as is hells gate and gothic rage. theater of pain also has come up once ive seen this whole month.

this happens every rotation it seems, a few duel maps just dont show up.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    They all have their range and they don't have to all be the same because they are all "duel maps". dm6 works ok in duel and can accommodate 8 players in FFA. dm13 can't. etc. That's my hypothesis.

Junior Member SweSerialkiller is on a distinguished road
    I understand the purpose of limiting the map pool, you want as many people as possible to buy the game. Unfortunately, it feels as if it has the opposite effect. Too many players have stopped playing public because their favorite tracks never played. Cant u try to solve the economic problem of running longer advertising from the beginning? maybe interrupt a map change with commercial so that those that have not purchased the game takes a risk to be pushed out? I have not been able to start a single game where people joins my courses, but when they are played in your mappool the servers are almost overflowing. For example "Rebounds" "Base siege" or "Inner Sanctum"
    Looking forward to a response from you, best regards!

Banned Norsak is on a distinguished road
    I have no idea what all this praise is about: Worst map selection in a long time

I agree with SweSerialkiller: Find a different way to gain subscribers.

- Longer respawn time for non-subscribers?
    - non-subscribers get kicked off as the server rotates to a premium map (This made me buy Quake 1)
    - non-subscribers need to spectate the first 30s of a match.
    - non-subscribers get a health bar with equilibrium at 80 instead of 100
    - non-subscribers spawn without machine gun
    - non-subscribers can't pickup quake invulnerability etc, they just get a screen message telling them these items are reserved for paying customers.

Use your imagination, be more creative, this map pool idea is really boring and makes me want to play less, and I pay my share.

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Norsak View Post
    I have no idea what all this praise is about: Worst map selection in a long time

I agree with SweSerialkiller: Find a different way to gain subscribers.

- Longer respawn time for non-subscribers?
    - non-subscribers get kicked off as the server rotates to a premium map (This made me buy Quake 1)
    - non-subscribers need to spectate the first 30s of a match.
    - non-subscribers get a health bar with equilibrium at 80 instead of 100
    - non-subscribers spawn without machine gun
    - non-subscribers can't pickup quake invulnerability etc, they just get a screen message telling them these items are reserved for paying customers.

Use your imagination, be more creative, this map pool idea is really boring and makes me want to play less, and I pay my share.
    No no no, a thousand times no.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    @Norsak those things would make the game pay2win, which would be a truly horrible thing.

+ Reply to Thread