+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am fairly certain my account was deleted

*SpaZzn

Angry I am fairly certain my account was deleted

I played CTFS for years and then was one of the first to play quakelive, however, I haven't played in a while and coming back there is no trace of my account. My alias is gone from all of my friends friends lists as well.

Are inactive accounts being deleted after a period of time?

Edit: More to add, who thinks its even remotely possible for the name "Spazz" to have only just recently been taken as of August 10th, 2013?
    Last edited by SpaZzn; 08-26-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaZzn View Post
    Are inactive accounts being deleted after a period of time?
    Yes.

Edit: More to add, who thinks its even remotely possible for the name "Spazz" to have only just recently been taken as of August 10th, 2013?
    Apparently it's quite possible.

*SpaZzn
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Apparently it's quite possible.
    Only because my account was deleted... Didn't realize premium paying members were dispensable. Guess I am not going to re up the pro payments >.<
    Last edited by SpaZzn; 08-26-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    When I first got here,,I tried useing the name I originally had on Mplayer and Gamespy. Lowlife.It was allready taken..That was in 10/12. He had not played for 2 months previouse. in 7/13,it was used again..So they do recycle names.And as far as Paying customers,I would think they would keep it open if you had a year Sub,,you would think they would keep it current till the end of that time in hopes of renewal. If not then maybe it would be right to dump it...
    Last edited by lowlife1; 08-26-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Only because my account was deleted... Didn't realize premium paying members were dispensable. Guess I am not going to re up the pro payments >.<
    How long were you gone?

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    I'm not complaining. Got me this tag.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Didn't realize premium paying members were dispensable.
    No, they aren't. Premium/Pro accounts are never deleted, even when inactive.

Code:
    02:23.18 <sponge> if you have a sub, a clan founded, or a trophy case award, it'll never delete
    Which means that first your subscription expired, then some time passed, then you were sent a reminder mail ("your account is about to expire, please login within two weeks to keep it" or something), then you've ignored that mail (it only needed you to log in, doesn't require playing games to confirm activity) and only then it was finally deleted.

It's a good system designed not to harm anyone. No reason to be mad about it.

*SpaZzn
    well I was subbed for a year if not 2, can't remember now and its clearly gone >.<

*SpaZzn
    who would the email have come from because I have no record of a reminder email in my inbox for anything quake.

The e-mail comes from support@quakelive.com and is automated.

+ Reply to Thread