+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plugin fail while playing

Junior Member jmmti is on a distinguished road

Plugin fail while playing

Hello,

I play on a MAC computer and the game is always shutting down while i'm playing.
    This is a recent issue since the new patch, does anyone have the same problem?
    It is pretty annoying...

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Which browser are you using? Try a different one. (like safari -> firefox or firefox -> safari)

The mac version is rather buggy I'm afraid to report.

I'm using Safari! I was using Chrome before but flash isn't working on it anymore. I'm going to try Firefox and let you know.
    Thanks for the advice!

Not working
    The plugin keep crashing on Safari I barely can play a game

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmti View Post
    Not working
    The plugin keep crashing on Safari I barely can play a game
    To be honest.. QL for OSX is still in beta..even after all these years..It seems QL will not work on fixing it.. And QL will not give OSX users any help.

You should make a Bootcamp partition and install Windows XP (works great) or Win7 or Ubuntu to run this game to it's fullest.

I did this on my old Macbook with XP and everything was great.. My fps went from 70 to 125 and I was able to run 3'rd party apps like wolfcam, QLDT, etc, etc..
    Last edited by swampy; 08-26-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member SquirrlWrangler is on a distinguished road SquirrlWrangler's Avatar
    I wish SyncError or Sponge would at least respond to all these "Mac plugin is crashing" threads with some useful information. Either give us Mac users some hope that the plugin will be fixed or just tell us it's never getting fixed. I send links to my crash reports and they're never downloaded and my support e-mails aren't answered. As a subscriber, it feels disrespectful, it's frustrating, and I don't even bother sending them in anymore.

Look, I don't want to come across as a screechy, entitled Mac user. I'm grateful that there is a Mac QL plugin but this isn't the late '90s. Macs are common now but it still feels like the Mac is treated as an afterthought by game developers. And it's not as if the QL plugin is being developed from scratch. There are just a few outstanding and nasty bugs that need fixing. Would it be that much bother for Id to hire a Mac programmer on contract for a month or two or three and get these bugs fixed?

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    The funny thing SquirrlWrangler, I never had a problem running Q3 on my old macs.. So QL for OSX is a total fail.. Hell, Quake 3 even ran on PPC Macs....
    Last edited by swampy; 08-27-2013 at 06:38 AM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Come on... It keeps crashing all the time!
    Please someone gotta do something

Junior Member MrClams is on a distinguished road
    Just spam id Software with your crash reports until they either ban you or fix the plugin. Or start a "id Hates Mac Users" blog. Or start cyber-hounding John Carmack. Or make voodoo dolls of various id employees and stick them full of needles.

Seriously though, I just play with the Mac plugin and endure the crashes, which seem to come in bunches. It's either that or play in Linux or Windows, until id deigns to fix the crappy Mac plugin. Apple may be one of the biggest, wealthiest companies in the world, but when it comes to desktop games, no one really gives a **** about Apple. Perhaps because Apple never really gave a **** about games. On iOS, of course, it's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmti View Post
    Come on... It keeps crashing all the time!
    Please someone gotta do something

Member fonsxe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClams View Post
    Just spam id Software with your crash reports until they either ban you or fix the plugin. Or start a "id Hates Mac Users" blog. Or start cyber-hounding John Carmack. Or make voodoo dolls of various id employees and stick them full of needles.

Seriously though, I just play with the Mac plugin and endure the crashes, which seem to come in bunches. It's either that or play in Linux or Windows, until id deigns to fix the crappy Mac plugin. Apple may be one of the biggest, wealthiest companies in the world, but when it comes to desktop games, no one really gives a **** about Apple. Perhaps because Apple never really gave a **** about games. On iOS, of course, it's a different story.
    Usage share of operating systems:

Windows: 90.81%
    OS X: 7.26%

There's your answer. It's just not economically viable to cater too much to an OS that is barely used percentage wise.

+ Reply to Thread