+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unreleased Models

Member i4n is on a distinguished road

Question Unreleased Models

Hey!

I've been trying to add a model (map object) in radiant for my map. At first i thought i was doing something wrong but after a while I noticed that some .md3 files are unreleased, both in the Q3 paks and the QL paks.
    I've been looking everywhere and I found some of the .md3 files but not all of them and not the one I need in specific which is storch.md3.
    So I was thinking, maybe there's some old school mapper who has these files stored?

This is how the model looks like:

Member Obsidian is on a distinguished road
    They're part of the GtkRadiant Quake 3 gamepack under baseq3\models\mapobjects\storch. If you dont' see them, you might be using an older version of GtkRadiant, I did add some missing models to the recent 1.6 branch.

They aren't part of the Quake Live gamepack at the moment because of possible license issues. I think we're still waiting on word from id Software regarding a few of the gray area game pack stuff.
    Last edited by Obsidian; 08-28-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Member i4n is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, I found a bunch of them here.
    Would be nice if the images for all the models where uploaded to tho!

Senior Member lmiol is on a distinguished road
    what is the name of hud gui?

cant found eny of STATUES

hi there.
    i cant find any of MD3 statues (doom wrack)
    i has read need use player model for statue but how it be when model consists of 3 parts (head upper and lower, and when i adding them to gtkradiant through misc_model - them without textures), and how make a pose for this models? or need in milkshape3d rebuild to alone model?
    in web i found only old q3 visor and major models.

oh by the way in PS2 Q3Revolution on Vardrigar map exists Statues of Sarge Crash and many others.
    Last edited by lmiol; 09-12-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    You may want to ask someone else to translate that post for you in English because that's, at least for me, totally incomprehensible.

best translation =)
    heros keep, arena gate - 2 MODEL STATUES: Wrack and Doom. (MD3 models) in web i cant find them

when compiling project (map to bsp) all md3 models are compilings to bsp file (when decompile bsp to map there only link to md3) so i searching source MD3 models of that mapobjects, or maybe someone can help and purpose solution how add WRACK or DOOM models to map project (gtkr) as STATUES
    Last edited by lmiol; 09-12-2013 at 06:06 PM.

i found _remap command for player model (so i can use texture of doom_statue)
    but how make a pose of statues?

Member Obsidian is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by i4n View Post
    Yeah, I found a bunch of them here.
    Would be nice if the images for all the models where uploaded to tho!
    That's the GtkRadiant gamepack SVN server. Whatever is on that server is already on your computer in your GtkRadiant install directory.

i found another solution from my imagination and soon map will be finished

+ Reply to Thread