+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What am I doing wrong in FFA?

*Cando
    I think at 30% acc. you would do well,if not,...
    maybe ur not using the map?
    Like when you shoot, always try to be near an object a wall or pillar to bob around while trying to frag your opponents.,
    Use the map to protect your self from getting damage.
    So you must learn the maps,and know where to scrim and where not to.
    This applies to FFA.
    I been playing for 11 hours now and I only have 19% acc with rail.
    Maps I know i do well,maps I don't know,I do not so well.
    So practice and get to know your maps and you will develop your skills.
    best wishes..
    Last edited by Cando; 04-19-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    For some of the advice given here, the opposite is also true.
    FFA is basically a bit like trying to manage chaos theory.

For everyone telling you quad/powerup management is key! It is often better to ignore the total mess that surrounds it, just avoid the powerup completely and mop up frags at a faster rate somewhere else. Rather than gain 15 frags quad often simply changes hands 15 times as everyone is swamping it.

For everyone telling you armour is key, again, it's often better to ignore the mess around items and just get on with getting those frags.

It also depends on who is on, and how many players there are. The more players there are the more likely everyone is going to be running around rather weak from all the spam and MG "cess", trying to tool up can be a total waste of time that just gets you killed.

With fewer players on items become much more important, the play can becomes much more like a series of duel games, you just have to hope to not be interrupted by someone that kills you and your duel partner after you've weakened each other.

Slightly off topic, some users really hate the QLranks Elo system http://www.qlranks.com/ffa/ , but it can at the very least help you be a bit less despondent if you really aren't happy with your play on a server. The Quakelive player stats can give you a good idea of a lot of players, but that just shows accuracy, experience and overall tier of the player, QLranks will give you a slightly better idea in most cases of where they really stand. Though they're not entirely accurate, as the Elo score of a player does largely depend on if they mostly play with lots of people with high Elo (if you win lots of games with lower Elo players your score can plummet but you still may be a contender at a very high level too), if you've ended up on a server with a bunch of players in the top 100 rank (they often play most days so it's likely), and you're rank 500+ chances are it's going to be very unlikely for you to luck out to a win.

Your choices then are play elsewhere, or prefferably, either play and learn, or spectate and learn, but if they ask you to leave please do move to spectate at the least instead. If it's overall a high level game and you aren't in that league at all it's unbalancing for a random free frag to be floating about.

Don't worry about wining just play to do as well as possible, and have fun doing so with little goals, like take out the leader as much as possible, you WILL improve. Spectating really good players a LOT really does teach a lot as well.

Senior Member GanglandOneUp will become famous soon enough GanglandOneUp's Avatar
    I just try to stay alive as long as possible in FFA. I found that the longer I lived, the more frags I got. :O)

Oh, and people will hate me for this... Find the people fighting it out, or a group of people fighting it out, and spam rockets/grenades/plasma all over them. It's easy to get a frag when someone else has already done a majority of the work. :O) JUST SAYIN!!!

DNA
    Drunk Clan
    #IRC
    North America, Join the party, here!
    Europe, Join the party, here!

Enough is enough; and sometimes enough is too much!

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    No one will hate you for talking about the basis of FFA GanglandOneUp

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Seems a bit odd to offer advice to the OP who posted 8 months ago, shrug.

Member kammy is on a distinguished road
    necro'd much?

but hey, anything helps :P
    Warping lagger!

Banned CyberPaddy is on a distinguished road
    my advise is to kep shotting men an it get a kill even wehn u think not it will make more kills the moer u shoot but u die lots of times to it like CS a bit but faster an more fun

+ Reply to Thread