+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cannot load map

Junior Member F9Tommy is on a distinguished road

cannot load map

QL mappers, I made a map several years ago for Q3, and recently discovered quakelive and found my old map files (edit: just the pk3, not the original uncompiled map files). Despite my best efforts I cannot port it to QL or get the map to load. The map is far from a finished product but it USED to work just fine on Q3 and I was able to host a server from my desktop and people could connect and play so I know the pk3 worked at one point. If anyone would be willing to help me troubleshoot I would really appreciate it.

Additional information:

The map is called TheForest, and was originally designed to mimic a paintball speedball field with a bunch of trees and wooden bunkers.

After decompiling and loading it GTKradiant, I noticed that NONE of the models I imported (several different types of trees) are present, only the cushion brushes I used to give them substance.

I used quakelivedec.exe to encrypt the pk3 and remembered to make it read only before putting it in the baseq3 dir.

I have unzipped the original pk3 and copied all the textures and models into wolfcam baseq3, and gtkradiant baseq3 directories to see if that helped.

I also tried copying the theforest_converted.map file into different directories where all the rest of the models and shaders etc. are present to see if that had any effect and nothing I did would let the models load.

I would really like to get the map going in GTKradiant right now because I have ideas about how to finish the thing off since I essentially left it half complete, and just cut some corners to make it playable as a beta. I am less concerned about checking it out in QL (although I would love to get inside it with the game physics to check it out and refresh my memory of it before editting in GTK).

Any thoughts, suggestions, interest in collaborating are welcome.

Thank you!

F9Tommy

Edit: just realized I have two versions of the pk3 - theforest.pk3; theforest_nobot.pk3. I have only been working with theforest.pk3, is there any reason the nobot version would would work when the normal one wouldnt?

Edit: screenshot
    Last edited by F9Tommy; 08-20-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Junior Member F9Tommy is on a distinguished road
    If anyone is interested, I would be willing to post the pk3.

+ Reply to Thread