+ Reply to Thread

Thread: keyboard freezes

Junior Member FunkyBendrinkin is on a distinguished road

keyboard freezes

Has anybody else had this problem? During the game my keyboard will temporarily freeze. I can still move my mouse just fine but can't move or switch weapons. It occurs randomly and lasts for about 5-15 seconds then starts working again. The last game I played it happened to me 4 times, kind of annoying being a sitting duck. My keyboard only has problems while playing Quake and no other time. I'm not pressing too many keys at once either, last game one of the times it happened was at the beginning of a round when I hadn't pressed any keys at all beforehand.

I tried updating the driver and it said I had the latest driver. So I uninstalled and reinstalled. Is there anything else I can do?

I play on a Toshiba Satellite laptop with keyboard driver version 6.2.9200.16548, it says the driver date is 6/21/2006.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Can you still click the mouse and have it work?

It might be one of those built-in anti-keylogging software gigs grabbing kb input for a bit for analysis.. shrug.

Not sure what model you have but there's plenty of google hits:

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Keyboar...ng/td-p/160306
    https://www.google.com/search?site=&...83.DGcS509p0Ro

Junior Member FunkyBendrinkin is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, I can still move my mouse around and shoot whatever weapon I happen to be holding at the time. I just turn into an immobile gun turret when it happens. Unlike most everybody else having Toshiba keyboard problems mine only lasts a matter of seconds and only occurs while playing Quake. Most games I have no problems at all, it only occurs occasionally, seems to be very random and I have no idea how to force it to happen. I know, the worst kind of problem to diagnose. I bought the computer new, I'm the only one who uses it and have not installed any anti-keylogging software that I know of. I'll try to figure out if anything like that is on my computer but I'm not confident in my abilities to figure that out.

Thanks for putting in the effort to try and help, I appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread