+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Why my weapons have no effect

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    I have taken direct rocket hits and received no damage before,doesn't happen often. I believe i did report demo/dump
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member ShaZe is on a distinguished road ShaZe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sixers_ View Post
    Haha when I first started I used to think the exact same thing. "My guns don't do any damage."

I don't really have any advice though, sorry.
    That's what I thought about when I saw this thread name :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rsN-y0NObM&t=402

Unfortunately, there is no good video making fun of it..... I will probably have to make one one of these days.

Member Terminus is on a distinguished road
    I do all of these things. I hunt people down, hide around corners, sneak up on them and hit them. I can tell the difference when someone outguns me, or is a better player. That's not what I'm referring to as I'm always playing against very difficult competition, I expect to lose until I get better. But if I have the drop on you and I hit the button, but just die or I press the button watch you switch weapons and just die, somethings wrong. I see people talk about making config changes and if mine do not help me get to a playing field where I can get a shot off to begin to get better then there's no hope. I'm always going to have 1 frag and 37 deaths. How is that any fun? I made the demo, where is it located and is there a file name?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    You have to predict ahead.

What sort of display have you got though, make and model?
    I have a dell S2340M 23", I play at 1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by ShaZe View Post
    That's what I thought about when I saw this thread name :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rsN-y0NObM&t=402

Unfortunately, there is no good video making fun of it..... I will probably have to make one one of these days.

I can find advice on the thread and already found some nice pieces of advice that has already helped me play better. Try to assume that I'm not just griping about losing, ok. I'm looking for help so my config can be just as good as the others or at least close so I can compete too... I'm not playing to be your frag *****.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 08-16-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Senior Member T1E is on a distinguished road T1E's Avatar
    look at how the weapons work (some have instant impact, some have splash radius with less dmg, some are projectiles that move slower than instant)

look if your ping is too high for a good online experience

record yourself playing /record or autorecord in advanced settings and watch the demos

learn the basics about configuring in advanced options to personalize your quake

What's considered a high Ping?

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Depends, but usually 100+ is already bad. 200+ is awful.
    Still no demo, I reckon?

I recorded the demo, but can only see a link and no where to upload the demo

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    You have to upload the demo to a site somewhere and then use the link button so people can go to the web site and download your demo. I don't know of any sites like that myself but there are lots that will let you upload files and store them for free. Somebody else will have to suggest a few for you.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    You can attach demo files to your posts here, too. Click "Go Advanced" below the replying box, then "Manage atachments" somewhere there. It's kinda messy but you should figure it out.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    You can attach demo files to your posts here, too. Click "Go Advanced" below the replying box, then "Manage atachments" somewhere there. It's kinda messy but you should figure it out.
    It has to be under 1.95 MB though.

Sometimes better to just use filedropper.com even though it's only temporary.

+ Reply to Thread