+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why my weapons have no effect

*Terminus

Why my weapons have no effect

I'm suited up and ammoed up, my aim isn't perfect, but I watch them move back as I hit them and nothing... they hit me once and I'm dead. I empty my clip in a guy standing right in front of me, he changes to the gauntlet, hit me once and I'm dead. I mean, no matter how much armor I have, I'm always once shot away from death, while I can't seem to kill my opponents with multiple point blank shot gun blasts... my armor, my hits seem to mean nothing as I'm still killed almost instantly... still frustrating for the noob.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    wWHAT IS DEMO?

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    A demo would help to see what is going on. But from what you are describing ,,you might want to check your Handicap.It might be low.To change that you will have to find out from Lorfa,or a few others here to help you with that......Had to edit as I thought it was at 50..Must have been seeing things.
    Last edited by lowlife1; 08-13-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    CTRL+ALT+~ to open the console (if you like set com_allowconsole 1, then you can open it with just one key ~)

The default is:

\handicap 100

This means no handicap.

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    Are you sure? For which player? Im confused now...Does not lowering you Handicap make it tougher on ones self?

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Handicap 100 is the default, he means for you to double check that that is what it is set to.

Beyond that please record a demo (/record in the console) and upload it to demonstrate your issue, as there will be an explanation.

*Terminus
    ok, I'll give it a shot. Also, I seem to always be late, I hit fire, never see the strike, but come up dead, then hear the shot... its all very fast... sometimes I'll move when I see an opponent, never see a strike, but come up dead. Its like I'm always late. I get that I'm just not good at the game since a noob, but when I hide, then appear to strike I hit the button and come up dead. My system is i7 64 bit 16 mg RAM, graphics is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650. I wouldn't think that I would still be slow.

You have to predict ahead.

What sort of display have you got though, make and model?

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
    I hit fire, never see the strike, but come up dead, then hear the shot...
    Check your ping. cg_lagometer (or just press Tab, it should display your ping on the scoreboard). If the ping is high, you're likely to experience weird stuff (dying after having run away through a teleporter, enemy LG seemingly toasting your stack down instantly etc.)

Still, what you describe may very well come from nothing more than having the awareness level equivalent to a pancake. Just provide a demo, we should be able to figure the rest.
    Last edited by Limbless_Pony; 08-14-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Senior Member sixers_ is on a distinguished road sixers_'s Avatar
    Haha when I first started I used to think the exact same thing. "My guns don't do any damage."

I don't really have any advice though, sorry.

+ Reply to Thread