+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two colors with railgun

*perf3ctsh0ot

Two colors with railgun

how to get 2 colors in railgun??

Junior Member ihve is on a distinguished road
    Set color1 and color2 to different values. One will determine the colours of the inner beam ('discs') and the other will determine the colour of the outer beam. You have to have both activated with a reasonable size in order to notice both colours, though.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    I've got em looking like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olDxtZ1co-w
    Last edited by swampy; 08-10-2013 at 02:48 AM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    I have beam disabled on my shots

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    nb. Other player's won't see your beautifully coloured beams if they have cg_forceEnemyWeaponColor and cg_forceTeamWeaponColor cvars enabled.

Also a lot of players find the discs/spirals* clutter up their screen so will set r_railWidth "0" to remove them entirely and just have the inner beams visible.

* Alternate between the Q2 spirals and Q3 discs around the beam with cg_railstyle

Junior Member ihve is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanger View Post
    I have beam disabled on my shots
    yeah, but the disadvantage is that if you disable it, you won't see other player's shots as well. I guess you mean you disabled rail entirely? Or just the beam? Because I found out that disabling rail entirely gives you better feel for the aiming in medium/closerange, but makes it harder to spot from where you get railed in the back...

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ihve View Post
    yeah, but the disadvantage is that if you disable it, you won't see other player's shots as well. I guess you mean you disabled rail entirely? Or just the beam? Because I found out that disabling rail entirely gives you better feel for the aiming in medium/closerange, but makes it harder to spot from where you get railed in the back...
    I can see other players' rail beams perfectly. Just disabled mine

Junior Member 2fac3D is on a distinguished road
    sorry to bump this but how can i get a different colour reload? i've seen videos where when they shoot whilst it's reloading it's a different colour then goes back to what it's set to

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanger View Post
    I can see other players' rail beams perfectly. Just disabled mine
    How do you manage that? It used to be that you could set your rail invisible by choosing black as the color for it, but that was a long time ago.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    How do you manage that? It used to be that you could set your rail invisible by choosing black as the color for it, but that was a long time ago.
    He just has a script that disables/re-enables the beam when he fires the rail. This has the drawback that if both him and his opponent shot at the same time the opponent's beam would also be hidden, but this is apparently quite rare.

+ Reply to Thread