+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: QUAKE LIVE At QuakeCon 2013

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

QUAKE LIVE At QuakeCon 2013

QUAKE LIVE is live at QuakeCon 2013, and we're kicking off the event by making all Premium arenas available for the weekend. Additionally, we're opening up FreePlay Domination and Freeze Tag servers to all players, the perfect cure to the 100 degree heat down here in Texas. For Domination players, you can fill in your own Domination related pun here.

We're also running three tournaments this year: the Intel Quake Live Duel Masters, the Quake Live Clan Arena 3v3 Open, and special for this year, the 20th Anniversary DOOM Challenge, showing off the breakneck speed of DOOM II Duel. We've got two streams this year, the Events Stream, which includes the QuakeCon 2013 Welcome, and John Carmack's annual keynote straight after. The Tournament Stream will be providing all-day coverage of the QuakeCon tournaments, thanks to our friends at FACEIT.

For more information about QuakeCon, and schedules for all streaming events, visit the official site.

Junior Member SiraX is on a distinguished road
    Yeaaaah

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    Poor Europeans are still playing limited maps on my server. Set it up before leaving for work, and you lazy bums hadn't opened up the map pool yet.

I'll be home in 5 hours! Might make an appearance at Qcon tomorrow.
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Also, 75% off on id games on steam :
    http://store.steampowered.com/sale/quakecon1

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    Thanks. Quick question though, how come there's no round limit on the FT server instead of the usual 10?

Why are all the maps NOT available in 'Start a Match'?

EDIT: Sorry, QLPrism doesn't list them, FF and IE do

Double EDIT: Oops, no, they do NOT list them
    Last edited by theMolester; 08-01-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

Senior Member kristus is on a distinguished road kristus's Avatar
    You don't need to mark all the maps to be able to vote them in the server. All it does really is add them to the rotation in the little end of game votebox.

They are listed now, ty QL staff

Junior Member alefnull is on a distinguished road
    do the maps not work in practice mode? when i try to start a practice match on one of the premium maps, the game starts to load, but then just gives me a blank QL background screen with an "exit" button, and nothing happens until i click exit. if i start a match with a regular rotation arena, and vote for a premium map, the vote goes through, but the map doesn't change.

am i missing something stupidly obvious here?

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alefnull View Post
    do the maps not work in practice mode? when i try to start a practice match on one of the premium maps, the game starts to load, but then just gives me a blank QL background screen with an "exit" button, and nothing happens until i click exit. if i start a match with a regular rotation arena, and vote for a premium map, the vote goes through, but the map doesn't change.

am i missing something stupidly obvious here?
    You'll have to grab the maps from a Premium server, unfortunately we don't ship all the PK3s due to bandwidth reasons. The practice screen doesn't have a way to determine which maps you have currently.

+ Reply to Thread