+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What configs are available atm?

Junior Member Shivy_ is on a distinguished road

What configs are available atm?

Making the transition from TF2 to Quake Live and wondering what kinds of configs are out there and what they actually do?

Is it even worth installing a cfg when my total play time is 50 minutes?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivy_ View Post
    Making the transition from TF2 to Quake Live and wondering what kinds of configs are out there and what they actually do?

A config is just a file the game uses to save your settings.

Your question boils down to whether or not it is worth changing settings. Well, settings are just tools to accomplish a task, let's say making something easier to see, to select weapons more comfortably, and to get the mouse to behave in a way that works best for you.

See the guide in my sig for information on the various cvars and what they do to get an idea of sort of things you can change in the game.

For example my visual settings look like this: http://imageshack.com/a/img707/6163/o08.png

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivy_ View Post
    No :)

Have you discovered the Advanced Settings menu in-game already? I can think of only a single setting that I had to change with the console, everything else is in the menu, honest!

And remember there's no config that will make you pro (don't listen to Lorfa ;)). It's only about making you comfortable in the game, so you should customize to your liking, not adapt to what someone else uses :)

My visual settings look like this: http://Lam.pl/ql/hud/qlhudpurg.jpg and I'm not even a complete noob! :D
    Last edited by Lam; 08-01-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Lam, same here. Just love r_picmip 0. But I have a hidden gun, but that's pretty much it

P.S. Why do u need speedometer in-game?
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vurun View Post
    P.S. Why do u need speedometer in-game?
    I don't need it, so your question is invalid! :)

I have it enabled though. I don't read the values but can see when it stops changing, meaning the small mouse drag you do mid-air was too slow. It's like poor man's cgaz hud ;)

PS. I know a national team player who plays on picmip 0 too!

Junior Member Shivy_ is on a distinguished road
    All I've done with my settings is bind RL to mwheelup, LG to mwheeldown and RG to m2, so I'm guessing configs dont accomplish much more then what the in game settings provide you.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    There is a small possibility to script stuff in configs. Like hitting one button to execute a set of commands for example. But you'll get to this once it becomes relevant to you.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

+ Reply to Thread