+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ranking fails?

Member federal is on a distinguished road federal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauria View Post
    on the otherhand im doing perfectly fine in other game modes ( ca ffa ctf). there im usually doing very well and always being at the top of the scoreboard.

That's because public FFA/CA/CTF is ridiculously easy to "do very well" at. There is far more involved in duel than in all of those modes. You're getting humped at duel because you are bad at it. Play more, you will improve.

On your profile it says you've played 39 duels and won 22 - seems pretty fair to me. Normally when people have "issues" with the ranking system it's because they want to scan servers and find the highest chance of a win. Luckily you're going to have a hard time doing that in duel because even the "low elo" players will be better than players who sit around on FFA/CA all day.

Got two hands, a brain and a computer? Then we're skill matched.
    Last edited by federal; 07-30-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    True that. I get beaten by players with significantly lower ELO

Senior Member drohne is on a distinguished road
    That's because public FFA/CA/CTF is ridiculously easy to "do very well" at.
    funny thing to say

imo its that most of those duelers just play 2 or 3 maps (ztn, dm6 etc) all the time - i tried duel and lost some matches very high (like 10 to 2 etc) but did almost the same dmg or even more than the guyz that beat me.

so if u want to play duel play and practise just ONE map for a month or 2 and u will be able to compete with most of those guys on that one map. reason: u r beaten up cuz ur opponents have mapcontrol and will be always stacked, have control over the crucial items etc; this means that their aim and movements r not necessarily that much better than yours, if at all. After some hundreds of matches on ONE map u will get it - hf

imo most of them r just VERY GOOD on a few maps, contrary to the opinion of federal i dare to say, that in other modes like ca and ctf they r not that hard to play ofc iam NOT talking about the real pros

conclusion: i bet that if i would play for a couple of months just ztn (or any other map) i am sure i would be able to compete with most PUB-duelers no matter what skill-level or elo they got, but only on that ONE map

before i get a real screaming at me for that boast: i like teamplay and chaos so i play ctf, and just playin a few maps over and over in duel just dont works for me - too much work and its kinda boring FOR ME.
    using railways, timing items, knowing shortcuts and tactical options ur enemie has on that map in duel is ofc a tremendous skill and work to get it, but thats the stuff u need to learn to get good at duel.

and @ federal, i know enuff dedicated ctf playerz who can compete with acc and movement izi with the best of duelers, but ofc they would lose in DUEL, but iam sure they would beat the hell out of a dueler in a ctf match

@ sauria:
    If u lose like 20 to zero or 30 to zero (against a guy with ur skill-level, green servers) i guess u play way too aggressive - if u got no stack (armor, mh etc) and no good gun, deny combat, hide, go ways ur opponent wont expect u to go and try to stack till u r ready for an attack/challenge of ur opponent at quad or any crucial item.

another reason for a high loss are ofc those guyz with skill usin "fake-accounts".
    Last edited by drohne; 08-03-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Junior Member Sauria is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by federal View Post
    On your profile it says you've played 39 duels and won 22 - seems pretty fair to me.
    this is because i asked a bunch of friends to install quake and play xD

Junior Member Sauria is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by drohne View Post
    funny thing to say

imo its that most of those duelers just play 2 or 3 maps (ztn, dm6 etc) all the time - i tried duel and lost some matches very high (like 10 to 2 etc) but did almost the same dmg or even more than the guyz that beat me.

so if u want to play duel play and practise just ONE map for a month or 2 and u will be able to compete with most of those guys on that one map. reason: u r beaten up cuz ur opponents have mapcontrol and will be always stacked, have control over the crucial items etc; this means that their aim and movements r not necessarily that much better than yours, if at all. After some hundreds of matches on ONE map u will get it - hf

imo most of them r just VERY GOOD on a few maps, contrary to the opinion of federal i dare to say, that in other modes like ca and ctf they r not that hard to play ofc iam NOT talking about the real pros

conclusion: i bet that if i would play for a couple of months just ztn (or any other map) i am sure i would be able to compete with most PUB-duelers no matter what skill-level or elo they got, but only on that ONE map

before i get a real screaming at me for that boast: i like teamplay and chaos so i play ctf, and just playin a few maps over and over in duel just dont works for me - too much work and its kinda boring FOR ME.
    using railways, timing items, knowing shortcuts and tactical options ur enemie has on that map in duel is ofc a tremendous skill and work to get it, but thats the stuff u need to learn to get good at duel.

and @ federal, i know enuff dedicated ctf playerz who can compete with acc and movement izi with the best of duelers, but ofc they would lose in DUEL, but iam sure they would beat the hell out of a dueler in a ctf match

@ sauria:
    If u lose like 20 to zero or 30 to zero (against a guy with ur skill-level, green servers) i guess u play way too aggressive - if u got no stack (armor, mh etc) and no good gun, deny combat, hide, go ways ur opponent wont expect u to go and try to stack till u r ready for an attack/challenge of ur opponent at quad or any crucial item..
    hmmmm i dont think so though coz i watched like every duel of quake con ( 09' 10' 11' 12' 13).
    and i like to think that i understand what they are doing ,playing out of control, timing items, deny weapons and stuff. als i know u need to stack up to go into a fight maybe hit some rails along the way. but mostly i just get spawntrapped. guess i need to improve my movement aswell.

Senior Member drohne is on a distinguished road
    if they kill u respawning it means they got the first kill and deny u the crucial items after that, means u lost mapcontrol,
    i watched some duels of playerz with very highskill and it took a lot of time for the first kill (one i watched it took around 8 min, one guy had mapcontrol but the other just avoided him, only some rgs on both sides on long distance etc) - but thats maybe another stuff u must learn, the respawn-points on a map and the shortest ways to get there to kill ur opponent respawning, and ofc if u r respawning how to avoid the hunter pronto - and ofc good dodging and strafing never hurts
    the point i tried to emphasize is, that the duels i lost and after checking the stats and i had the same dmg or more than my opponent i clearly lost not because of my aim or movement, but due the lack of experience in duel and missing knowledge how to operate on that map well.
    in duel i never had really the feeling that someone on a server (green marked) was overwhelming me cuz of his aim/movement-skillz but of his skills to play that map (excluded r ofc those fake-accounts). so imo the skillrating system works in duel the best of all modes - not like in ca where iam tier4 and know some maps very well but iam sometimes blown away like iam tier1 anyway on a green marked server
    Last edited by drohne; 08-10-2013 at 08:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread