+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ranking fails?

Junior Member Sauria is on a distinguished road

Ranking fails?

Hey every1.

im posting this topic cause i have a problem.
    i believe there is something wrong with the rankings system.
    because whenever i play duels i get beat up with scores like 20-0 30-0.
    and im feeling like i only play against players that are way out of my skill level.
    it doesnt really matter if i join the green yellow or red matches they all seem to be very hard.

on the otherhand im doing perfectly fine in other game modes ( ca ffa ctf). there im usually doing very well and always being at the top of the scoreboard.

dont know really what i will acomplish by this thread but i had not nothing better to do lol

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Hi. You should probably stick to the servers with a green checkmark. They will be less likely to have players far from your skill. However, it might be good to get some help from another system to avoid too strong players. You see, Quake Live's skill estimation system for duel is Elo but with a pretty high volatility. Too high. There's a third party Elo system which is better in my opinion. Look, you're there already :

http://www.qlranks.com/duel/player/Sauria

If your opponent is ~400 Elo over you then you can assume he's really out of your league. Don't use that system to avoid playing people a bit better than you or you will never improve either.

You can also install this user script to make things easier for you :

https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/111519

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Duel will probably never be balanced for anyone unless they either
    a) Know the opponent and know their skill level
    b) Are decent at dueling

As it currently stands, a lot of the players that are playing Duel are decent at it. There's not a lot of newer duel players (Or less experienced, to be more accurate) as they get crushed by actual duel players who are supposedly skill-matched and then they just give up.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Note: A small skill difference in duel can result in a large score difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Note: A small skill difference in duel can result in a large score difference.
    It's usually a large difference though.

Member scix55 is on a distinguished road
    On top of the other answers, try friend requesting whenever you find someone near your skill. Make a private server if necessary and just practice with them as often as you can.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    It's usually a large difference though.
    What makes you think this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    What makes you think this?
    At least in NA, I'm basing it upon the players that are often seen playing. I don't know if it's the same elsewhere though.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Fact is, games with large score margin (>20 frags) also happen in faceit/125fps (semi-)finals. You can't say that's only due to a huge skill difference.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    Playing OOC is the most depressing for new dueller I think. Once you're pressured and on the run, it is very hard to keep item tracking. It is so for me at least.

+ Reply to Thread