+ Reply to Thread

Thread: change game type in practice - g_gametype ?

*Legatus

change game type in practice - g_gametype ?

Hi all, i'm new to this game

I am trying to improve the basics of quakelive in practice mode, but I can't modify the gametype during a practice game.

For example I start with a FFA practice, then I /devmap to customize the game, and then if I want to change the game to Clan Arena what I have to do?

I found the cvar g_gametype but if i assign another value, it says the changes will be done upon restarting.
    How can i restart a practice game without leave the match and restart a practice from the browser?

Member Chimaira is an unknown quantity at this point
    g_gametype x
    map_restart

and you're ready to go
    Don't worry:
    there's always a server where you can own everyone,
    there's always a server where everyone can own you.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Not sure, you might try /devmap again or /map_restart. Not sure if it actually restarts the local server tho.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

*Legatus
    thanks map_restart worked

FYI:
    g_gametype
    0 - FFA
    1 - Duel
    3 - TDM
    4 - CA

But i don't know why when i change gametype it doesn't change all the settings of the mod, for exmple from FFA to CA self damage remains also in CA...

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Most likely because self damage is determined by another cvar. It's set accordingly when you start a CA match via browser, but if you change g_gametype in-game, only the core gametype-relevant elements adjust - player physics don't fall into the category.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    I think when you search google (favorably with site:quakelive.com or site:esreality.com) for the according cvars to each gametype you'll be able to create configs and start/change a local server with binds like "exec ffa_local.cfg".

Edit: or you just start every gametype via the browser once, save the settings with /writeconfig gametype and execute them with /bind x "exec gametype.cfg; map_restart;"
    it's dirty, and you might want to remove irrelevant lines from the created configs.
    Last edited by malk_; 07-29-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

+ Reply to Thread