+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ForceTeamColor

Junior Member GD0G is on a distinguished road

ForceTeamColor

I have been able to produce my config file and got it to execute all my settings in whatever server I join except one setting. TeamColor; for some reason in practice mode the color settings for the team model is working great after i \exec autoexec my .cfg file and vid restart. However, as I join a game online and exec the same file the team color that I want changes back to the red if i am on the red team or blue if I am on the blue team. Why doesn't the color of my team stay the way I want it.
    seta cg_teamHeadColor "0xff0000ff"
    seta cg_teamLowerColor "0x000000ff"
    seta cg_teamUpperColor "0xffffffff"

this is what I want my team to look like the colors of my national flag red white and black in practice it works fine but online game it just goes back to default

What do you suggest me to do?????
    Last edited by GD0G; 07-24-2013 at 10:36 PM.

ForceTeamColor

I have been able to produce my config file and got it to execute all my settings in whatever server I join except one setting. TeamColor; for some reason in practice mode the color settings for the team model is working great after i \exec autoexec my .cfg file and vid restart. However, as I join a game online and exec the same file the team color that I want changes back to the red if i am on the red team or blue if I am on the blue team. Why doesn't the color of my team stay the way I want it.
    seta cg_teamHeadColor "0xff0000ff"
    seta cg_teamLowerColor "0x000000ff"
    seta cg_teamUpperColor "0xffffffff"

this is what I want my team to look like the colors of my national flag red white and black in practice it works fine but online game it just goes back to default

Chinmaira had this same problem however with weapon colors however it seems Chinmaira did not get any resolve

What do you suggest me to do?????
    Last edited by GD0G; Today at 04:36 AM.
    Last edited by GD0G; 07-24-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GD0G View Post
    seta cg_teamHeadColor "0xff0000ff" // Red
    seta cg_teamUpperColor "0xffffffff" // White
    seta cg_teamLowerColor "0x000000ff" // Black

It depends on cg_forceTeamModel. It has to be /bright for it to take effect I believe.

What value are you using for that? If you use something like bitterman/bright it should work. Not sure if you like bitterman for teams though.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    cg forceteamskin sport

simple as that

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    You mean cg_forceTeamSkin bright

Setting of "sport" would automatically change the skin to sport_red/sport_blue depending on team. Setting of "bright" makes it use cg_*Color.

Well ladies gentlemen after some hours of tweaking I finally got the color of my team to be the colours of my nation flag and mind you a sporty national flag. This is what happened after typing the config colors I wanted for my team in the .cfg file. I then went online, joined a game, executed my .cfg file and vid rest, however my team was still that lame blue or red. Then I went into the game setting ---> advanced setting ---> Team Options and began scrolling through the models there it was the team color, model and skin I wanted in a sporty version REAL COOL. So all I had to do was just look for the what I created in the GameSettings. A thing of beauty :-D. However the enemy weapon colours still have me dumbfounded :-(

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    cg_forceEnemyWeaponColor "1"

This uses the color of cg_forceEnemyUpperColor

So if that one is bright green then enemy grenades will be green.

For rails I'm not sure, I've had them off for a long time (cg_railtrailtime 0).

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    no i didnt mean cg forceteamskin bright, i actually meant sport. try it - it looks nice if you dont force your teammates to various models.

i dont force teammates to one model because it gives me a sense of who is near by and who isnt, which can be valuable info if u wanna rely on someone who u know can carry their own weight.

+ Reply to Thread