+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CTF is really hurting....

Senior Member TheGreen3astard has a little shameless behaviour in the past

CTF is really hurting....

The game with a flag. The game with a POINT!
    The game with a goal apart from kills.... is dying!
    *yes we always say that - but it appears to be really happening!

PLEASE PLAY CTF! it is fun - we need players! peace out...

TGB

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    I honestly tried - no fun. Maybe it is more competitive mode, than any other, but whatever.

Taking advantage of positioning/timing/aim looks like a good point to me. Strafing like mad, with whole enemy team on your ass with a pole sticking out of your spine - not.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    ca players cant find it fun since there are actual quake elements in the game, such as items - which deliver map control, enforce REAL teamplay without breaks in between and have an ongoing 20 mins to do so. it requires quite a lot to play this and sure is fun once you make yourself uselful in it. ^^

try picturing the scenario flanger described not being fun but making a getaway or actually seeing the true beauty of quake by real teamplay to overcome these difficulties.. the mode is superior, more rewarding than ca ever can be.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Hey, it's the guy who starts servers with ridiculously unbalanced settings and calls them CTF. Again.
    <chuckles>

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    ca players cant find it fun since there are actual quake elements in the game, such as items - which deliver map control, enforce REAL teamplay without breaks in between and have an ongoing 20 mins to do so. it requires quite a lot to play this and sure is fun once you make yourself uselful in it. ^^

try picturing the scenario flanger described not being fun but making a getaway or actually seeing the true beauty of quake by real teamplay to overcome these difficulties.. the mode is superior, more rewarding than ca ever can be.
    I fully agree with your point here. It needs good teamwork, good movement and is no match to CA, where you're free for choices and having fun with simple fragging, not caring much about anything else. But CTF is game mode, which is not based on frags, and I believe that's why it's the least appealing for me personally. Frankly, if I loved movement oriented game mods, I'd defrag or race.

Actual quake elements are also present in Duel and TDM mode too and I think Duel it is the pinnacle of quake mastery, although I'm fairly new there.

But what about TDM? Isn't TDM receiving the least of love? Judging from my game browser - it is the least found game mode. I can see 3-4 CTF games every evening, but maybe 1-2 TDM matches per week.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    sure those elements are present in any mode which reguire some sort of thought process higher than to 'go to meet, and make damage'

pub tdm is dead and thats a problem here.
    playing it well organized only makes sense competitively with a clan or on pickup, the pub games usually result in total blowouts and people making a fuss about teams etc because of their precious stats, its no wonder this mode is dead on pubs.

btw tdm > duel because the teamplay factor makes it so much harder than being by yourself, although what you've said is true, a true test of skill can be found in duel for one individually, but tdm > all other modes for sure.

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanger View Post
    Strafing like mad, with whole enemy team on your ass with a pole sticking out of your spine - not.
    -Funny, because this is exactly why CTF is fun for me. Even Duel doesn't get my blood flowing like the situation you just described. Not to mention the satisfaction that comes from a goal completed that would otherwise have been impossible if not for coordinated teamplay.

-Cheers

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road
    CTF needs BRAINS. Needs something more than teaming-up on the bridge and shooting 100 rockets at each other until someone dies.

Member easytarget is on a distinguished road easytarget's Avatar
    This statement is so true, making CTF with a ton of different settings ruins the point of the game. The simple version has always been the best you know the one you used to play when you were a kid in the forest with twelve of your friends. Oh wait never mind I am to old you guys never played this game in real life only on a computer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    Hey, it's the guy who starts servers with ridiculously unbalanced settings and calls them CTF. Again.
    <chuckles>

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road
    Oh - and hearing DEFENSE! from announcer, when I stop 3 guys rushing at my flag in my base? PRICELESS!

+ Reply to Thread