+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More payment options

*IMMORTXLZ

More payment options

Have you considered adding more payment options for pro/premium access? Im sure you'd get more subscriptions if you added Paypal and banking sites like Instadebit or Skrill (Moneybookers).

Not a big fan of the forced renewal either, would like the option to buy monthly or at least a 3-month deal. I might get bored of the game in 2 months so I don't really feel like
    paying for a whole year.

my 2 cents.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    You don't have to buy a full year. You can even buy 1 month tokens afaik.

As for Paypal there's a problem in that they need a disclosure of financial records for business accounts and Id (or Zenimax) doesn't do that kind of thing.

Senior Member drunkenFooL is on a distinguished road
    Lots of threads about PayPal option to pay.
    (Lorfa's explaination is correct.)

Could Id (or Zenimax) create an eBay account?
    Then sell subscriptions and tokens ('pro' and 'premium') as 'buy-it-now' auctions.

Then the buyer buys the subscription using PayPal.
    PayPal is pretty much the only acceptable form of payment on eBay - since 2010 I believe.
    (eBay bought PayPal back then - so makes sense.)

Obviously, the buyer(s) will need an eBay account, but that is free.
    Obviously, the buyer will need to register their mail address in their eBay account (just like in their PayPal account).
    Obviously, Id (or Zenimax) would need to mail the buyer their subscription code - since eBay no longer allows digital (emailed) products.
    But it would work - I believe.

This would alleviate the need to disclose financial records to use PayPal - since none of the eBay sellers disclose anything to sell their items on eBay.

And by having an eBay (and PayPal) account, the paying buyers are 'verified' QL accounts. Not fakey alternate accounts.

I understand that Id (or Zenimax) probably doesn't have a person on staff to be dealing with eBay buyers, but someone has to be dealing with the current credit card buyers.

The other PayPal option is like what I_Am (or someone else?) has suggested. That being, have a friend pay with their credit card and
    then you reimburse them through PayPal. (PayPal to PayPal). Or similar variations of that.
    Last edited by drunkenFooL; 07-19-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Junior Member Castelyn is on a distinguished road
    Sorry to use this thread, but is it possible to make us able to purchase tokens through steam? I mean you can buy other products for MMO's through steam already and id software games are there as well so why not pro/premium tokens?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Castelyn View Post
    Sorry to use this thread, but is it possible to make us able to purchase tokens through steam? I mean you can buy other products for MMO's through steam already and id software games are there as well so why not pro/premium tokens?
    QuakeLive is a competing online service. Don't expect steam to sell QL stuff.

+ Reply to Thread