+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Your skill is too high" needs revamp.

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar

Question "Your skill is too high" needs revamp.

Hello devs.

Is it technically feasible to change this behavior from not letting you join the server, to not letting you actually join the game but be able to spec instead? I want to spectate my beginner friends' playing, but it is not possible at this moment.

Senior Member drunkenFooL is on a distinguished road
    Can you use your 'pro' subscription to invite your beginner friends to your own server and then spectate them?

They may actually like that - in the beginning anyway.

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    One of my freinds is a Tier 2 CA player. When he plays the Rooms says my Skill is to high,,and I never even Played a CA game and it has me on the way to Tier 3. I would like to see him play in his current enviorment. It would be nice to do that,,but I doubt if that will happen.

Junior Member neonblitzer is on a distinguished road
    This would be very nice. I don't know if moving the skill check in the game code is too much work (or impossible), but one solution could be a generic public "spectator" account that you could temporarily use to spectate a server. With no chat or other interaction, of course. That sounds more feasible to me

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    And they say nobody wants GTV nowadays...
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Junior Member illDogg is on a distinguished road
    Ran into this problem just now. How can it not let me spectate?

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    The way this thread was going,,you cant. Even if your provisional (unless your at that level) has you higher than him,as I have stated in my post,,,Like was said you can go Pro,,or just wait for them to catch up. Or even loose alot and fall back. I dont know if you can get in trouble for that? Its just the way the Tier system is set up. Cant see or watch anything below you.
    Last edited by lowlife1; 08-17-2013 at 02:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread